Anyone want to weigh in on the Dallas cop convicted today?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by shanghai Kid, Oct 1, 2019.

1. shanghai Kid

shanghai Kid Veteran Member

Dallas cop convicted of murder in mistaken apt. case

2. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

yep, jury got it right.... c-l-e-a-r-l-y

QUAKE_WARS and jeff swisher like this.
  3. jeff swisher

jeff swisher Veteran Member

^^^ I agree.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I heard about the case, but I wasn’t in the court room and heard all the facts. I don’t know why these always turn into a race discussion. One human being lost their life, another was responsible. Jury found her guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I'm a little surprised only that I thought the DA had over reached and should have gone with manslaughter. You only need 1 or 2 people on the jury to believe her when she said she accidentally went the wrong apartment, blah blah blah, and there was a guy there.

I'm glad because there won't be any unrest afterwards. But I really thought they were going to find her not guilty and then they're all bets would have been off out the street.

6. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think of it this way...
    If someone else mistakenly walked into the officer's apartment and shot her, would a Murder charge even be in debate?

7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Of course there would have been. You listen to too many talking points of the agenda driven media. If she wasn't a cop murder would have never been on the table.

IMO this was manslaughter. I wasn't sitting with the jury so I guess I'm ok with what they decided, like that maters :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  8. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

I also think manslaughter would have been more in line as there was no plan to kill him, it was a accident.

9. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

problem with being a juror is they dont get all the facts. only the facts allowed to be given by the lawyers and judge. weather its 100%. you really.dont know. my wife was on a jury for a 1st degree murder and even though they found the guy guilty, it wasnt til after the trial they were filled in with the stuff that wasn't allowed. After hearing the "other" stuff they were happy they convicted the guy. before, they all felt sorry for the convict.

But a person walking into the wrong apt shooting someone by accident sounds like ma slaughter. jim

10. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

It was a mistake that cost someone their life, but it was done without malice given the information I have seen. Manslaughter would have been a more suitable charge. I don't think race should ever be mentioned in legal proceedings unless it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it was a factor.

Peck, dcozzi and wnmech like this.