Automatic brake pedal install in a M/T car

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by TrplNckl1970, Oct 2, 2014.

1. TrplNckl1970

TrplNckl1970 New Member

If you don't mind hotrod, let me know if you can find it and we can work out payment and shipping. That would be a huge help. There are a few assemblies on ebay from 80 and 81 MY cars for sale but I'm not sure if they are the same. Thanks for y'all's help

2. bigdav160

bigdav160 Veteran Member

I have the auto pedal and box out of my '73. I don't want to part with it yet but I could take a picture if it would be helpful

3. TrplNckl1970

TrplNckl1970 New Member

After looking at some pictures of different set-ups, I've determined that the pedal that I bought is for a first gen. It's now scrap metal...
    I do need the correct pedal though if anyone has one. I have the factory manual brake and clutch pedals if anyone wants to trade!

4. KansasTwister

KansasTwister Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There are three different brake pedal rod locations other than manual vs auto car, for a total of six id assume. The manual and power brake pedals share the same drilled holes, but the pivot rod goes in a different hole. The power 4 wheel disc cars use a rod location slightly different than the other two, but IIRC the upper hole stays the same. You may be able to swap the rod from upper to lower position if needed but I never tried. We collected alot of different pedals when I went to set my car up for a stickshift so we looked at the differences through the years.

5. KansasTwister

KansasTwister Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

But auto brake pedal should go right in no issues. My brake pedal is from a 76 ta and my clutch from a 72 camaro.