Barney is alive and well

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Gary S, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Too many people seem to see guns as toys and fail to respect them for what they can do. I read about way too many negligent discharges out here due to guys displaying or fiddling with daily carry stuff. It's one of the reasons I'm now opposed to the constitutional carry. Too many firearms-clueless people. If we make them take a class we can at least know they get more of an understanding of gun safety and not have to rely on what they saw in a move.

Smokey15 likes this.
  2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Probably should have to take at least one for safety, familiarization and how to tear down a weapon clean and reassemble. Then some for actual Use. I had a class when I was in 5th grade while at school. Was an after school program.

Smokey15 likes this.
  3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I oppose Freedom of Speech until people take classes to speak (and spell).
    ;)

Smokey15 likes this.
  4. Knuckle Dragger

Yeah exactly the same thing o_O

Smokey15 likes this.
  5. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Some people just shouldn’t handle firearms. An acquaintance of mine decided to buy an XD after seeing my XDM. First day after he got it he dropped the magazine, racked the slide, then proceeded to insert the magazine, followed by releasing the slide. It was at this point he decided to point it at his tv and pull the trigger to de-clock it.... he failed to realize by releasing the slide with the magazine inserted he had reloaded the weapon. He then had to explain to his roommate why their tv and wall had a bullet hole through them..

Stupid people...

6. Knuckle Dragger

Lucky it was just a TV and not reported. Out here a negligent discharge like that can lead to jail time.

7. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

Good grief! I've been around firearms since I was a kid visiting family on Grandpa's farm. Uncle took me out one day when I was 7 or so with a .410 and a skeet rig. Got setup and he handed me the loaded gun. As I turned away I swept him with the barrel. Got an ass-whooping on the spot and never made THAT mistake again! Missed the first clay because he didn't tell me about recoil and landed on my (still sore) ass! Got the second clay though!

I've only been carrying for a few years and I'm still enough of a newb to be EXTRA careful (almost to the point of paranoia). I keep reminding myself not to become complacent and pull a "Barney".

Peck and Smokey15 like this.
  8. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

While I too have been around guns most of my life i am not "into" guns. Just not my thing. It took my WIFE almost 6 months before she would even touch my pistol (in a paddle holster) to move it off the dresser.... It took me almost a year to finally get her to sit down with me and break it down for a cleaning ALL 5 PARTS!! She was terrified. 18 yrs later I think she respects the guns but would rather NOT be around them. On that same note, she will chastise any of our boys for "safety violations" (as she does know what you SHOULD do and NOT) like 1 handed arrow carry, yapping at eachother while at the fireing line, while handling any of our bows or guns. They are GOLDEN RULES....for a reason!!

Smokey15 likes this.
  9. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Have you ever gone to a party where people are drinking, then pull out guns and start blasting at things like trees and what ever? Just crazy stupid in my opinion. I left without a word.

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

An answer to all that are disgusted with this actually happening (this includes myself). People are stupid and do not pay adequate attention to what they are doing.
    I think is real sorry but, at the same time, a necessity that they find the guy and charge him. Too bad there has to be intent. No one intends to be a d!psh!t but, somehow, it does not stop them.

Peck and Knuckle Dragger like this.