Beemer opinions

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Dec 25, 2014.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

The reason the car popped up in my search parameters is because it's older and it has a stick shift. The older style looks better to me than the newer 90's models. While the BMW has never been my first choice, I've never had anything against them either. One thing I've always felt BMW was paramount in was suspension and handling. I'm getting to the age I don't need to go fast, but I still like to drive in a...um...spirited.....manner. With the exception of the 325i wanting to swap ends on wet pavement with an inexperienced driver, it's probably one of the better cars for my driving style. Ever since I hit a curve hot in a Poesche 911 back in '75, I make certain to know my cars limits.

One addendum, I like the stories of people trying to car jack a car and running off because they can't drive a stick. I've got two mooching relatives who can't drive one either.

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Don't get me wrong... I have nothing against Bimmer's. My sister actually has a '72 2002 tii which is a ton of fun.

I don't like old convertibles in general.

Rick - that's gonna be a fun car. I know it's really close in spec to the 2003 M3 - which a lot of people say is the best DD car ever built. .

3. Rick WI

Rick WI Veteran Member

Thanks Lowend. Looking forward to March delivery. Test drive in one was like going to heaven.

4. JOHNNYMO

JOHNNYMO Veteran Member

Nice, Congrats! Newer BMW's are very reliable cars. You'll love it.

5. JOHNNYMO

JOHNNYMO Veteran Member

Nice! I drove this for a while. Lotsa fun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]