Been awhile and i come to ask a favor

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by earlysecond, Mar 28, 2016.

1. vegas1974z28

vegas1974z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Positive thoughts heading your way.

2. GreenMachineRS

GreenMachineRS Member

Prayers to your family from Florida...

3. Jim Stokkeland

Jim Stokkeland Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Praying for your dad and family!

4. Fleetwiz

Fleetwiz RIP 3/11/18 Lifetime Gold Member

Prayers and well wishes sent...

5. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Thanks for the prayers and support. We got some good news. Appears cancer tumors was small and localized. At this ponit, bawed on available information, it appears that his chances for a recovery of some sort are pretty good. I knew incould count on the NastyZ community for support!!!Thanks all.

I also received a couple of PM's thanks Brian and Dave. I am on a tablet and can't hit you back via PM!

6. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just seeing your thread Brent. Glad results are promising and praying for a full recovery man. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, so sometimes good things happen! Been way to long since we talked. I'll try and call you soon.

Prayers sent too.

7. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Still hopeful here....

Hang in there!

8. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Dad seems to be making a strong recovery. Thanks for prayers and support. We will have to wait another 5 days for a prognosis. . . .but each case is different anyways!

9. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Brent that's great news!

10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

This really is exciting news.

Both my 2006 and my 2015 cancer surgeries turned out to be relatively small localized tumors.

First one was renal cell cancer in the kidney, and I'm 9.5 years clear on that. I only lost 20% of my right kidney.

Second one was renal cell cancer in the pancreas - May 19th will make 1 year. Thanks to the actual location of the 1 centimeter tumor, they were actually able to just cut it out. I went into surgery knowing I could lose half my pancreas and my spleen if the tumor was too close to the central duct.

Your dad can expect oncology checkups every 3 months for the first year. Then every 6 months the second year. Annually thereafter.

Make sure he keeps going.

I honestly was thinking last April that I would stop going through this procedure after my 2015 checkup - as it had been nearly 9 years.

I'll be going in for at least an annual oncology checkup for the rest of my life now, because IF I have another occurrence, I want it caught early again.

Make sure dad gets out and walks as much as possible. It will help him to heal and recuperate faster. If he gets tired - go back in the house and take a nap - then get up and go for another walk.

Dad will have a lifting restriction - NO MORE than 10 pounds. Make sure he follows that for at least the first 30 days.

Was his incision horizontal or vertical? I had one of each - the vertical one was easier to come back from.

If your dad wants some help/suggestions from someone that has been through this twice, PM me when you can and I'll give you my email address and phone number.

Sometimes it helps to talk to someone that truly understands the situation.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016