Been out driving :)

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by gutted72, Oct 13, 2019.

1. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

So I've been out driving the Camaro a bit here and there and have a question :crazy:

Does anyone else have problems keeping the backend under the car when going around corners? I understand if you are intentionally trying to, but this car will not take a regular corner, other than at idle.
    Don't get me wrong, I thinks it a blast. BUT, when the wife is in the car she doesn't really appreciate the spirited cornering. :eek:

I would really have to think long and hard if I wanted to drive it in the rain. :brightide

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Your not suppose to floor it so it squeals the tires just to impress people. A 4 cyl can do that too. Just drive it normal around a corner.

3. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

I'm not even coming close to flooring it. I give it enough gas to get it moving, just like all my other vehicles and turn the wheel, a little more gas and then it slides the rear end.

But on a side note, I'm still getting used to this Sniper EFI, so that may be part of it too :crazy:

4. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Bald tires then or they are old and hard. I bought new tires this summer and they stick like I'm on rails around a corner.

5. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Sounds like 1%er problems. Lol. Tires could be an issue as stated above.

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

What size and type of tires are you running? What air pressures? What size sway bars? any suspension changes?

7. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

as Bonzo said.
    But the Sniper has a sticky throttle issue as well, Holley has a "fix" for it

8. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

This isn't a modern car with an on-off switch for a gas pedal. A carbureter is a progressive device that takes a smooth foot on the pedal to drive.

A few years ago I had the displeasure of driving a Chevy pickup with a 5.3 and drive by wire. I could stop the truck, and then ease down on the gas pedal and the truck wouldn't move. I could get the pedal almost halfway to the floor and the computer still hadn't noticed it. The only way to make the truck move was to hammer the pedal to the floor so the computer noticed. It had only two positions, On and OFF.
    Try that with an old carbureted car and you would be 3 miles down the road cruising already.

9. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds like you have some serious oversteer. Do you have a away bar in front and or rear? As asked before how old are the tires? Shocks? Suspension bushings new? If you have away bars, stock or adjustable.

One if the suspension Gurus should be able to help out if you have all your data and facts. It is not the sniper...... you can add the progressive throttle linkage for cheap but I bet that's not it.... go to EFI System Pro if you need some help sitting out your sniper...

10. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Old tires and too much rear sway bar and my car drove exactly like what you described. Normally they push like a dump truck, but this was on the verge of wrecking loose.