Best Camaros of All Time?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BillyDean7173, Dec 6, 2019.

1. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

This Motor1.com article from 2018 was in my news feed this morning.
    I know when it comes to most "best of" lists, we're talking about opinions and that's fine. No problem there.
    What I didn't like was some simple errors that could have been avoided if the author actually talked to some 2nd gen owners. Plus, I always get confused whether it's a 1970.5 or 1970 1/2. :confused:
    Notice the link reads 10 Best but the article's title is 15 Best. :lush:

https://www.motor1.com/features/75579/10-best-chevy-camaros-of-all-time/

70lt1z28 likes this.
  2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Clickbait.
    Interesting the #13 is a "1970" SS (which, actually the photo isn't) and number 7 is a "1970.5" (which the photo is). Doesn't anybody proofread these things?

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  3. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Meh... they picked specific models for everything except #1 which was all 1969 Camaros.

4. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

I am amazed at what people let slip, but i guess its all about getting your article out or whatever. There are sooo many like this its not funny. at least they were able to match up the cars to the years (at least what i could tell). I saw something similar the other week, like the 10 most awesomest cars ever, and one was the 67 Chevelle........with a picture of a '68. Nice work. A toddler could even use google to find an image of whatever car, but somehow, when they googled 67 Chevelle, they went with the one picture that wasnt like the other 50 on the page.
    Oh, and i know most people on this site would not agree with this statement made in the Camaro article from above - "If you ask any enthusiast, one, three, and six are typically regarded as the best generations." Third gen? really? What am i missing here? i would rather sit in my garage looking at my 73, than drive in a 3rd gen.
    Dont forget Danny from Counts awesome line on TV, "the first generation Monte Carlo was produced from 1970 to 1973." I know not every car guy will know what year/gens of all cars, but holy cow, up the guys salary thats checking the facts so you dont lose any more credibility.

Im surprised the "split bumper was only available on the 1970.5 camaro" didnt show up somewhere in that article.

5. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

Having had or still have gen 1,2,3 and 5 Camaro's or Firebirds. IMO the 5th gen is by far the best, mine is a 2010 2SS/RS and I intend to keep it forever, bought it new as a 52nd birthday gift to myself. Heavily modfied. I had 2 '69 Z/28's, one I restored and one I ran in NHRA S/S as well street raced. 69's are iconic cars and wish I had my X33 Cortez silver w/black stripes, black hounds tooth deluxe interior with fold down rear seat factory 4.10 gear, console w/gauges and cowl hood car still. It was a totally matching number car, bought from the original owner with 33k miles. The 83 Trans Am I bought my girlfriend who became my wife, though a base 305 engine auto trans car, black with the Lear Siegler interior in buckskin was a great driving car, leap years ahead of the gen 1 and 2 F bodies. I've owned a 73 LT, 79 Z28 (my first new car) and currently own a mild resto-mod 71 Z28. Without suspension updates the 1st and 2nd gen cars leave a lot to be desired.

6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Yeah, I had to read that sentence twice in the article to make sure it said third gen. I think the author is full of sh*t on that one and I'm not hating on 3rd gens.

7. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

Dunno, 3rd gen brought fuel injection, far better suspension geometry, Overdrive auto or 5 speed manual, pretty good disc brakes, better handling and improved build quality to the table. Looks are subjective. I'd love to have an 86 to 92 IROC Z with some modernization.

8. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

My favorite Camaro's are
    1. 67-68 Camaro
    2. 78-81 Z/28 Camaro's
    3. 93-02 Camaro's
    4. 82 Z/28 Camaro (wife hates them)
    5. 2016-17 Camaro SS

Did not care that much about the rest but still would get one for a good deal if it came along.

9. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Baldwin Motion phase III ZLX 1970 Camaro