Best cup holder

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Lunney, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Lunney

Lunney Member

I know this must have been adressed somewhere but Summer is coming and I use my console for my wallet, fuses and tapes.. yeah tapes, anyway I am curious to see a nice cupholder for a second gen. I drove my 74 until it teared apart as a daily driver for 11 years using my crotch or the space between the passenger seat and console to hold my coffee. I also made jigs out of foam and wood to put in my console but I thought there must be something that looks either stock or cool without being cheesy. My 73 Rs Z has a standard console and I know someone smarter than me must have made some fabrication to use a flip out cupholder or even used an auto part special and made it look good. Any pictures or ideas here would be great! Thanks

2. WBowie

WBowie Veteran Member

If you don't smoke. Classic Industries has a cupholder that fits where the ashtray goes.

3. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Check out mine. Basically got one of those generic fits-on-the-trans-tunnel cup holders from Autozone. Cut out the cup holder and put into my console.

http://www.ultm8z.com/Interior.htm

Scroll down a little to see the picture...

4. crailbait

crailbait Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The passanger in your car is a good cup holder..A bit cold at times but right in your lap is a good cup holder as well. I would of said right between ........but i didnt want to have one of those sayings that people use in their signatures. Those cup holders that Classic sells only holds a 12 ounce can..

Jeff C.

5. Lunney

Lunney Member

I like the courage ultm8z! even thogh I have a stick I guess I could do the same closer to the console box. I just want to make sure that there is not something better before I put a hole saw to a $240 console! And a 12 oz soda is not quite enough with black interior and no A/C

6. XK1

XK1 Veteran Member

YOu know those cuphoders that slide down along the window in the doors? I got a black one, cut the 'hanger' off of it so that the back of it was just flat, and mounted it on the front pass side of the console. It is never in the way, and in a real easy place to reach.

7. hujibwa666

hujibwa666 Veteran Member

8. fbodyfreak

fbodyfreak Veteran Member

I use my girlfriend, but be aware that your drink disappears alot faster that way for some reason... seriously, i just by bottled drinks. they fit nicely between the seat and console. and you dont have to worry about spilling them.

9. Lunney

Lunney Member

I do like those flat style volvo cup holders. I think I am going to try to retrofit one of those slide out factory holder into my useless ashtray or even my glovebox. I bought several auto store holders but they still look cheesy to screw into my console. When you put in all that money and time into your restoration it seems weird to cheat yourself on the small details that the factory forgot. Thankyou for your input everybody!

10. Nitroexpress

Nitroexpress Veteran Member