Best Website to order parts?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Fume, Jul 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fume

Fume New Member

What are some of the best websites to order parts for my 73 Z28. I don’t want anything to get damaged nor get delayed cause I don’t live anywhere near the USA

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Really depends on what parts your are referring to ,and where they are going, some are setup better to deal with international buyers, others not so much, check Summit , I get plenty of parts from them, and also, funny enough AMazon, has lots of parts, JUST check pricing and SHIPPING costs, as these can vary widely , I am sure others will chime in as well, good luck!!

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I start by calling my local GM Parts Dept. You'd be surprised what stock they still have.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Summit Racing for anything they do carry. I also used National Parts Depot and Ricks Camaro for restoration parts.

5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome to NastyZ! :cool:

Where are you and what are you looking for?

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

DocRebuild for the few general parts that crossover from Corvette to Z28. There are several like hoses, clamps etc.

http://www.docrebuild.com/

He almost acts like a "curator" for repop parts in that he only sells what is closest to OEM level. Not cheap but generally the best you'll do for repops. He will tell you that you are on your own as he doesn't know Camaros at all, so you have to know what you are looking for ahead of time.

I've had good luck with D&R also:
    https://www.drclassic.com/index.html

It really depends on just how original you want your parts. The golden rule is that reproduction parts in general suck. They mostly work and fill the space, but most times don't look original. If you want OEM the Wanted forum here or on yenko.net ($$$) is your best bet. eBay is second but you really need to know what is good and bad there. Everybody there thinks 70-81 parts are all the same it seems and rarely is that true.

If you really want OEM original parts get an AIM and at least then you may have the original part numbers to search for. Research, research, research is the key. There used to be a guy here M21RSZ28 who was THE encyclopedia for 1970 Z28's. He must have a had a photographic memory and every parts book document on the 1970 Camaros. Do a Google search focused for his screen name and the part you are looking for and be prepared to read a bit. Unfortunately most of his photos were on Photobucket and when they did their BS awhile back most of them were lost. Pity.

DCL70 is also are real knowledgeable member, but I think he is getting away from the hobby a bit. Don't see him post nearly as often as he used to.

Best of luck and have fun.