Big Ford recall

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Z28zz383, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I have a Ford. Everything electrical on the truck except the power windows and the windshield wipers screwed up at one time or another in the first 20k miles. That is the worst track record of any vehicle I've ever been around, but this is the only Ford I've been around. All my other vehicles have been Chevys and the electrical and electronics work on them.

2. Z28zz383

Z28zz383 Veteran Member

Sounds like you have the same crap luck as I have......My bud shares the same bad luck, has a newer tahoe, been to the dealer several times. Ins panel lights and gauges, fuel pump, power windows, headliner fell dn. Loves the truck, but is gonna sell it before warranty expires.

3. nads70

nads70 Veteran Member

I was hoping it was going to be for the damn steering racks on the Explorers. I've had 3 out of 3 Explorer Interceptors that have needed the racks replaced. A 2013 at 45k, a 2014 at 70k and now a 2016 at 35k! And when it goes out you can't steer the vehicle, great design for an emergency vehicle.:rolleyes:

4. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

my 02 Hummer H2 would randomly go into "low power mode" or something like that

it was great - the thing wouldn't rev past 1500 rpm or go more than 20 mph

turning it off, waiting 5 minutes would usually fix it but I hated that godd*mn truck

5. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

You would also get a check engine light when that happen. Most of the time that is due to the TB.

6. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Knock on wood I have a 2015 F150 XLT that I've owned for 7 months and 10K miles on it and so far has performed flawlessly.

7. 1BAD78

1BAD78 Veteran Member Gold Member

My 13 EcoBoost F150 has been tuned since the Monday after I bought it. I have never experienced any trans issues. Mine has had the snot beat out of it to.lol

I'm an admin on one of the biggest F150 tuning sites and have not seen one person with this issue.

8. 1BAD78

1BAD78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have bought Fords my entire life, and have never had a single electrical issue. My 91 Tauras SHO has over 300k on it and every single electronic piece in the car still works flawlessly.

GM is the on with the electrical gremlins! My sister had an Olds Aroura and that thing was a complete nightmare!!

9. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Would have never guessed that. :eek:

10. Z28zz383

Z28zz383 Veteran Member

Mine is not part of the recall. But def had the problem...It ran flawlessly until 36000 miles. If I knew then what I know now, I would do a service on it myself or pay someone qualified to do it and inspect the magnet and solenoids for filings. And I mean before driving it any more! I can say with confidence that you do not want this to happen with your wife driving in the rain at 70 mph. It offers no pre failure symptoms or check engine light so it happens "out of the blue" with no warning. I am a fairly skilled driver and it almost got me into trouble...I was lucky! It has you hanging in the belts like you locked up the brakes and it is very dangerous. I think ford really has not done enough to acknowledge this situation.