California: safety harness in classic cars?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BillyDean7173, Sep 10, 2019.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm running SFI spec 45-1 high density U shaped roll bar padding around the main hoop and door bar . It was recommended by the place that built my cage . It is placed in locations were head and body contact may happen in a crash

This padding is much safer than using pool noodle foam . I think I paid $60 for 6' of the SFI 45-1 Padding

This SFI 45-1 padding now required by NHRA for cars running 9.99et or faster and 6.39 or faster in the 1/8th

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Here's a pic of the SFI 45-1 spec padding it is now held in place by zip ties . You can see the same padding on the main hoop

1006171851.jpg

3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

In Wisconsin the only inspection required is an emissions test in a 5 county area in se area [where I live-eehhh] If there was a safety imspection IMHO in my area it would only lead to more unregistered vehicles running the streets,and we know the local PD isn't bothering with that it leads to chases/crashes etc from said people plus theres waaay more pressing things that they need to attend to which I get!-We have a mandatory insurance law too but that only affect those of us who need to keep our nose clean and don't have criminal records and like to keep it that way- [little touchy as wifey got a 88 ceira cutlass impaled on her rear hitch and occupants fled/she was stuck with aftermath for an hour while local Po Po figured it out.] Feel for the LEO's having to deal with that cr@p too-RANT OFF Steve!!

4. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

The Shelby Mustang convertibles of 1970 had a built in 4 point padded roll cage , which made them a whole lot safer.

5. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Mention to him next time it will be in a convertible and they can use their box cutters to pull your corpse out.

muscl car likes this.
  6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

No, I don't and I doubt it's even being considered other than by the guy TMZ talked with. California is the car enthusiast's boogieman. The complete "ignorance" (lack of a better word) of California and their laws on the internet is almost amusing to those of us that have lived in the state. Everyone needs a good villain I guess. California doesn't even have safety inspections.

7. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Ah, I see. So the article is portraying California in a bad light and you're defending the state. That's cool.

8. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

No not really if you'll notice my location I left for a reason. I'm saying people jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. If you want to have a factual discussion on the crap they do that sucks I'll probably join in. Nice of you to dismiss the counter discussion with flippant pettiness instead of facts though. ;)

9. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

What the hell are you talking about?

10. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    Im going to talk BAD about California no matter what!!!! What are we talking about?

bodymanbill, dcozzi and BillyDean7173 like this.