Camaro 1975 454 6-speed from Finland

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by pecu_83, Feb 23, 2016.

1. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

FINLAND!!! :D:eek:

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Never knew the Finns , were so crazy!! Now I know better HAAHA !! Always something interesting with your posts !! Keep it up, and rock on !!

3. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

I added second mufflers and went to the track to measure the volume. It's 101dB now and with the extra mufflers it's at 95dB, which is the limit for the track, outside of limited "high volume" days. Previously I was able to only go to the track on these limited days when the limit is 110dB.

I wen't to the track 4.30pm and the track closed at 5pm for the year. I asked the track operator if I could go for a lap since my car was now quiet enough and he said yes. Some BMW had the honour of making the last lap of the year, but I think I made the second to last :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo478F6HWFL/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=8vkao3730uiz

Bandit723 likes this.
  4. dave@ztech

So you just drifted the entire track?? HAA HA

5. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

No. I had my 4 year old daughter with me, so I took it very easy. I drifted just those two corners :)

6. dave@ztech

Nice, I hope she had fun, and catches the racing bug, we need to keep the kids interested in cars!!

7. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I never knew there were so many american cars in Finland. Cool

8. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

I went to the dyno.

Here is the ported Peanut Ports vs ported Pro Comps

[​IMG]

And here is ported Peanut Ports vs stock Pro Comps

[​IMG]

So they are not for a high revving engine, but great below 5500 rpm. Especially in a motor this mild, they donĀ“t restrict much. Actually it might be a little a bit faster with these heads, because of the better curve up until 4500 rpm. (compared to stock pro comps, the ported peanuts are better almost all the way to 5500 rpm)

All the pulls were made in the same dyno, so they are comparable. The only thing changed from the ported peanuts vs ported pro comp pull in addition to the heads is that there were those second mufflers in the pipe with the peanut ports.

9. Brett Liukkonen

Brett Liukkonen New Member

se on mahtavaa! Very, very cool!

I may be Finnish, but unfortunately only know a few phrases. But always love seeing what you guys are up to and how much you accomplish under winter conditions. That gives me the motivation to get out there and enjoy my own projects. Working on them and driving them ever chance I get no matter the weather. Seattle is very mild in comparison!

Thanks for sharing with us, hope to see more as you do more to your Camaro!

Kiitos!

Brett
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  10. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

Finland, so cold and snowy. Although we get a lot of snow in New Jersey. I used to work with a girl from Finland and she told me you call it Suomi. She was born about 180 miles above the Artic circle. I joked to her that I did not think that any people except the Lapps lived that far North. She laughed. Welcome to club. Chevrolet was going to put the 454 LS6 into the Camaro in 1970, but changed their mind. Too bad it would have been one of the fastest cars then.
    John.