Car Show 3/10/2012 El Toro Field Proving Grounds/Events Center in Irvine CA.

Discussion in 'California 2nd Genners' started by Chucks73, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Chucks73

Chucks73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 8, 2000
    Chino Hills, CA.
    This should be a Great show. This is the first time it will be open to the public. Watching the cars compete is worth the price alone.

RTTC Car Show March 10th
    Open to all Years and Make
    Time: 8:00am till 3:00pm FOR THE CAR SHOW YOU MUST BE ON SITE AND PARKED BY 8:30AM
    Location is at the Orange El Toro Field Proving Grounds/Events Center in Irvine CA. (old El Toro Marine Base)

Car Show $30 Dollar Donation allows you to watch some of the Coolest Pro-touring cars in the Country competing in Auto Cross, Speed Stop Challenge, and an intense Road Course for the right to attend the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational 2012.

You can Register the Day of the Event or Register on line @ http://americanstreetcarseries.com

If you would just like to attend General Admission is $5.00per person or $15.00per Car Load

http://photos.imageevent.com/chucks87/corvettecamaro/RTTC2012.doc.pdf

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Chucks73

Nov 8, 2000
    Chino Hills, CA.
    Anyone coming out to the show on Friday or Saturday?

3. kdracer73

kdracer73 Veteran Member

May 12, 2010
    OC, Ca
    I used my Saturday off, 2 weeks ago to run a autocross there. Gotta wait a couple of months to ask for another one off. Sounds like a good show..

4. SLO_Z28

SLO_Z28 Veteran Member

Jun 8, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Ill be there, not bringing the car though. Im just gonna go and yell obscenities at Mary Pozzi piloting Blu Balz, and cheer her on! I want to see how Joel does too, if he beings his 4th gen he will win, if he brings his mustang I want to see how it fares against the cars there. There are some serious hot shoes showing up, Mike M, Brian H, Blake from speed tech, Mary P, Kyle + Stacey Tucker, should make for a good show.

5. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 24, 2008
    NJ
    I was there this weekend with Keith Smith and Custom Works Performance. Looked like we were the only ones representing Nastz28 though!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. GOLF72

GOLF72 Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2010
    CORONA, CA
    Dang it....weather was great too. I missed it. :(

7. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2004
    chico, ca, usa
    I will get some video soon!

James was a huge help. Again representing NastyZ at an event put on by Pro-touring.com wasn't intended to slap them, but I do have to stay true to my supporters, which also include Vintage wheel works, EBC brakes, Holley EFI

8. Chucks73

Nov 8, 2000
    Chino Hills, CA.

I saw you run but never got to talk to you. I was one of the Volunteers that helped with the AutoX. I was down at the far end reseting Cones.
    Always feel free to represent whatever you like. I don't beleive Pro-Touring really had much to do with this show. Yes most of the guys that run the show are members but that is where it ends. There are alot of us who visit many different sites. Slap in the Face ??? Not at all we are all Carguys in the end.....

9. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2004
    chico, ca, usa
    The series is Bill Howell and Larry Callahan's baby, they are the PT.com boys.

thanks for picking up the cones for me!!!! We haven't run the car on street tires in years, and now I know why. We used about 50% of a set of tires in one day, which was about 50 miles total on the track, that sucks! We get 5-6 track days with our "R" compound tires, which equals about 500 miles track time, and some street driving and testing in between. Much more cost effective and the car is way faster, just ask the guys with the BFG stickers on the side of their cars ;-/

10. SLO_Z28

SLO_Z28 Veteran Member

Jun 8, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    I was there, I should have talked to you more, I think I asked you like one question. I spend most of the day pushing Mike Maiers car around:
    [​IMG]