Carbed LT1 questions

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Quick Nick, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Quick Nick

Quick Nick Veteran Member

Kalamazoo, Michigan...home of, well, nothing..
    Great timing on this section!
    A buddy has a 95/96 LT1 Caprice (cop car ;) ) and wants to stuff the engine/trans into his S-10 as cheaply as possible. We can keep it injected the cheap way by pulling all the needed wiring off the donor car, but what about just using the LT1 carb intake from GM Performance Parts? Anyone have any info or used it before? I've looked and found no-one who has. Any cons to using this intake, other than no more fuel injection?

Thanks!

2. PhilM

PhilM Veteran Member

Nick,

I have a 95 camaro that had a dropped valve in it. I yanked the LT-1 and put in a refreshened one. The old motor went in a 67 camaro. He put a intake and a edelbrock carb on it. He says he bought everything from skoggin dickey for the retro fit and was not that expensive.

Hope that helps....

3. Quick Nick

Quick Nick Veteran Member

Kalamazoo, Michigan...home of, well, nothing..
    Thanks Phillip :cool:

4. fbodyfreak

fbodyfreak Veteran Member

My friend put this setup on a '69 Camaro, and it runs really good. I'm not sure what all he changed, but I do remember he was running an HEI distributor, you have that option with the carb intake. All LT1 cams have the drive for rear mount distributor, so you can do away with the opti-spark. hope that helps some.