carpet color

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by DCross, Aug 4, 2019.

1. DCross

DCross New Member

my 71 has interior code 776 blue. ive been looking at different sites that sell carpet which some don't list a blue for that year so my question is did GM use black carpet with the blue 776 code interior? if any one has any pics of their interior with code 776 I would greatly appreciate looking at them. when I bought my car it only has the seats and dash pad and they are in horrible condition so now im in the process of replacing all those items

2. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

3. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

1971 interior color code 776 indicates a dark blue interior including dark blue carpeting. There is nothing to indicate GM substituted black carpeting in place of dark blue. If your choice comes down to either black or the medium blue offered by some vendors Its up to you. My choice would be the closest shade of blue carpeting I could find, even though it may not be right on,

DCross likes this.
  4. Rick@NPD

Rick@NPD Veteran Member

We carry, and have in-stock, the correct "07" (ACC's code) Dark Blue carpet for the 1971 code 776 dark blue interior. We have it in manual or automatic transmission, and with or without the "tail" to go between the seats (whether or not you are using the vinyl there as-original or not). Just click here to see all four variations, and call us if you need phone support https://www.npdlink.com/search/products?search_terms=c-car-2-f&top_parent=8&year=

Rick
    NPD

5. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

Now that’s what I call good service!