Centerline front runner lug nuts?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by blake22, Mar 10, 2011.

1. blake22

blake22 Veteran Member

I got a set of front 4x15 centerlines and the lug holes are about an inch deep. I have shank lugs and they all went on but they only went down about 1/4in deep on the threads. Is this okay for the front? Or should i get longer lugs?

2. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

depends - do you want the front wheel to fall off? if so use the lug nuts you have. if not then perhaps longer shank lug nuts are in order

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I wouldn't trust 1/4" of thread engagement to roll across the garage floor.

Use the proper studs/lugs for these wheels or get rid of them.

4. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There is more than one length of shank style lug nut, maybe your nuts are too short and you just need the right length and your studs can stay the same?

5. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

i had mine like that for a while...GET NEW STUDS it just a piece of mind when you drive it... I got longer studs and now i dont worry!

6. blake22

blake22 Veteran Member

Yeah i was thinking longer studs. Should i get like 3in and use open lugs?

7. Swanny454

Swanny454 Veteran Member

You have the wrong lugnuts, there are 3 different shank lenghts. You want to make sure to get the right shank lenght for the wheels you have. Some are 1/2 inch, 3/4, and 5/8's. It depends on what wheels you have. On my COnvo pro's they are 3/4 shanks and there is about 1/4 inch of lenght of the hole that shows when lugnuts are in the wheels. But, there is almost an inch of threads inside the lugnut once they are installed on the car. CALL centerline and tell them what wheels you have and they will get you the correct part for your lugnuts. DO NOT trust anyone else on what lugnuts to use. Way to important of a part to get bad information

8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

since the 15x4 centerline auto/drag wheels are a convex shape thicker in the center of the wheel than the outer edge a stock 7/16th wheel stud will not reach all the way thru the lug nut hole on this wheel . as you found out and even with the correct lug nuts it still does not give enough clamping force on the wheel and these wheels need longer studs

if you were to go to a drag strip to race your car you will fail tech inspection because off the these wheels when using closed end lug nuts .these wheel need longer wheel studs and open end lug nut to be legal and safe . back in 1978 i failed tech inspection at a dragstrip because i was using closed end lug nuts on these wheels

the centerline auto drags are the only pizza cutter style wheels that i would use longer studs if it was a street car .i'm running vintage us-indy 15x4 slot dish mags and have standard style hub flanges so there's plenty of wheel stud length