changing out front and rear suspension, maybe even control arm

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by SPG, Nov 1, 2018.

1. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

Alright, so at one point in time I was set in stone what I was going to buy, but I came across a comment saying QA1 had crappy suspension, I started to look into this and it seems to be a pretty universal opinion with the vast majority of people (if they had experience with multiple options)

Here was the kit I was originally looking at

So this got me looking into other options available to me, I came across ridetech, and a lot of people seem to recommend it, I found this kit....but it makes the ride height too low for my rear rims. Which sounds crazy, you normally want it lower.....but I (will) have a very weird stance on my car with 275/60/15 tires, from what I gathered, this kit only supports 275/40/17. Would I just need a different leaf spring than what's provided? or would the kit as a whole just not work. My entire car's suspension is currently shot so I'm looking into all options here.

Lastly, another difference between those two kits, is that the 2nd one doesn't have new control arms. Is it necessary to replace my current ones? Or should I not bother? Here is the one I'm looking at if I don't use QA1

Here is the stance i'm looking for right now, and that won't change.
    [​IMG]

Another option I have available to me is doing a total conversion for the rear with this kit but I don't think my application can justify the cost of it. (casual weekend car, taking it to the track once in a blue moon just to have fun)

2. DBS

DBS Veteran Member

Call Keith at custom works performance. I just put his 2G kit on my car. This kit does lower the car but he will know what you need.

3. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

just sent you a PM.

4. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

QA1 shocks are garbage. If you put their shocks on a dyno the response is all over the place.
    The RideTech stuff is solid, as is CustomWorks

5. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

Alright thank you, I contact them!

Ya...that's what a lot of people have been saying, I'll look into custom works. Looks like they're only an hour away from where I live so I can probably just go to their shop. (that would be rude though)

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

A kit like that is totally wrong if you want that old school jacked up look. that car is more or less stock height in the front and jacked up in back

72BIGBLOCK likes this.
  7. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

You need air shocks for the look your ting for

8. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

oh man...that conversion is somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 grand

9. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

No. air shocks are like $150.

Not air springs like ridetech shock waves

10. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

ah....wouldn't air shocks ruin the entire point of suspension? you know....dampening.