Colorado Forum

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by asphaltburner, May 30, 2010.

1. asphaltburner

asphaltburner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Ault, CO USA
    Wow! How cool to know those facts!
    All I know about mine is from an old registration slip and what I've observed,...'dad' drove it to death, son drove through fields (weeds and dirt packed up in spots underneath) and blew the transplanted 350 (#'s showed it from a station wagon, to replace the original 305). They damaged the carb so badly in fiddling with it, that I had to break the Rochester's linkage to pour gas down it to start the engine. I got HUGE billows of white smoke.
    Just replaced my brake master rubber diaphragm that I installed in about 2004, and the front hood stops needed some new rubber bumpers, so I've got those to install when the weather permits,...the car doesn't need anything else,...isn't that nice?
    Happy New Year to all of you! Have a good one and stay safe!
    Todd.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    sparkyboy likes this.
  2. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Cool info on your cars. I was not able to locate a build sheet for mine but have a copy of the invoice dated 3/14/1978 from Blackwell Chevrolet in Jackson, Mississippi.

sparkyboy likes this.
  3. asphaltburner

Oct 11, 2003
    Ault, CO USA
    Cool, Keith! And your's is a beautiful car, in addition.
    Mine's kinda been 'through the mill and back', as are a good number of these cars.
    Got my Classic Industries parts installed today,...1976 hood bumpers/stops really needed replacement. Nice day!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. asphaltburner

Oct 11, 2003
    Ault, CO USA
    Spent some time over the last three days watering our numerous trees and evergreen shrubs. Ft Collins Nursery even sent out a warning email about the DRY. They don't need much, but they need a little water now. Be advised,...
    Spider needs it's carb rebuilt (got parts, just gotta get to it!), RX7 is having it's first ever problem (42,895 miles) resulting in a continuous buzzer (BUT it's a friggin' Mazda! Yipes!), and I'm into perpetual hold on proper vent window pivot rivets for my VW Superbeetle (also gotta troubleshoot it's difficult starting). My old imports are killing me!
    All my ancient V8's run GREAT!
    Best of luck with your week, my friends.
    Todd.

5. asphaltburner

Oct 11, 2003
    Ault, CO USA
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I finally located and purchased my special VW vent window pivot rivets,...that took about two months. Soon, I can put the doors back together.
    RX7 is going to take some minor interior disassembly, and I hope that I'll find that I can repair the 'clock and warning light' unit. I DOUBT that it can be replaced,...we'll see!
    Gotta pull a Weber carb, clean and rebuild it,...
    TFF, you're state employed, aren't you,...not FED?
    All have a good eve.

6. TheFastForester

Feb 9, 2008
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Thanks for the updates A-B. I actually left University employment (CSU/State Forest Service) last November after 16 years and now work for a national non-profit for state forestry. Our partners at the US Forest Service/USDA are definitely impacted by this shutdown.
    Good luck with the projects!

7. asphaltburner

Oct 11, 2003
    Ault, CO USA
    Yeah, believe me, I know how bad this is for everyone,...it's gonna hurt a lot of people for a long time,...
    I remember '76 and the shutdown while I was at sea with the USN.
    Sounds like you made a good move, Keith.

8. asphaltburner

Oct 11, 2003
    Ault, CO USA
    Wow! Some kinda semi-freezing, wet stuff is coming from the sky! 'Been so long I can't remember what it is called,...?
    It's only because I JUST watered everything! I tried to guarantee it by finally putting away the snow shovel,...it WORKED!
    Didn't get much, BUT we got something,...that's a change!

9. TheFastForester

Feb 9, 2008
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Wet, heavy slushy stuff here in Broomfield. Needed that shot of water!

10. asphaltburner

Oct 11, 2003
    Ault, CO USA
    We're not getting moisture during the only period when we're supposed to,...and we (north, for sure) were pretty dry to begin with.
    Used to be just annoying, now it's getting seriously dry,...
    We didn't get enough for anything to be "heavy",...less than an inch, I'd guess.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 1:36 AM