Colorado Forum

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by asphaltburner, May 30, 2010.

1. asphaltburner

asphaltburner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yay! 14 elm weedlings, 29 Rocky Mountain junipers, 3 lilacs, 2 hackberrys, and a black locust seedling (seed from Deerfield, CO, BTW) in the ground, mulched, and watered just in time for rain!
    I need a rest,...

2. asphaltburner

Racing must not be hot. And with no football,...MAN, it's really quiet on this thread!

3. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

@asphaltburner
    Yo Todd, there are some fiat basket weaves at my local jy
    20190603_113520.jpg
    Beautiful! PayPal like $200, these fools charge $10 each to remove tires and like $40 each for 13" steel.
    I'm going today let me know I might be able to front the money if you love them!

4. Jerry73Z28

Jerry73Z28 New Member

I used to watch racing all the time, but I think the last race I watched was more commercial than race. And since Smoke retired, most of the rest of the drivers just come across as spoiled brats to me.
    And football - I won't touch that one until they solve the kneeling thing and take the politics out of something that's supposed to be fun.
    The Camaro project has been going slowly, still mostly just sandblasting parts when we're not working on the garage itself. Good progress being made there, though.

5. asphaltburner

Glad to see some new posts! Keep it up, guys,...it's always good to hear about progress. Best of luck with what each of you has going on,...
    Thanks, sparkyboy, but I'm gonna have the original steels sandblasted and powdercoated,...now, if I could find some real wire-spoke wheels,...!
    Today I'm replacing the Spider's sticky front calipers (and hoses) with new, so that I can get it to the alignment shop. Then it will be Back On The Road Again when I'm not driving the Camaro.
    Speaking of which, it's about time for me to bust the Camaro out from under cover and drive it. It'll happen as soon as the Spider is outta the small garage,...
    I've never found that I could pay attention to watching football for any period of time, Jerry, and I'm usually too busy to watch more than the evening news, or a movie after dinner,...
    In addition, modern automotive racing is NOT what it used to be,...as you state. It has more of a "demolition derby" aspect to it, anymore,...
    All enjoy your weekend!
    Todd.

sparkyboy likes this.
  6. nutchevy

nutchevy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Everyone have a great father day.

7. asphaltburner

Happy Father's Day, nutchevy! And hope all of you had a good one!
    Todd.

8. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Happy Father's Day! Caught a few fish today, hope you all had an enjoyable one too!

9. asphaltburner

Sounds like you had a really good Father's Day, TFF!
    Couple of days of rain coming, and then it looks like the heat is gonna get turned on,...I hope Mother Nature isn't shutting off the water completely, like last year!
    43 plantings doing well, so far,...I may have lost two, or three, RMJunpiers (of 29). They weren't in the best shape (End of the Year Sale), but since the 50 were only $15, it's OK. The elm "weedlings" are taking off,...
    All have a good weekend!

10. nutchevy

nutchevy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

19 WINS nice to see the former denver team doing good.