Colorado Forum

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by asphaltburner, May 30, 2010.

1. asphaltburner

asphaltburner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Glad you got your's out and on a cruise, TFF! Best I've managed so far is a 'private show' of all my vehicles for folks visiting from Connecticut, during a party out here!
    I expect to clear a garage this week,...the Fiat Spider is almost done. VW Superbeetle only needs an oil change.
    Thanks, man! The trees are "sweat equity",...in my place, and the earth. Gotta leave something worthwhile behind!
    Hope you have a good week, Keith. And everyone else, too!
    All stay outta the heat!
    Todd.

2. nutchevy

nutchevy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

hot weather still with us,try to stay cool

3. asphaltburner

A lot of low 90s coming up. But cooling a bit more at night, now,...great hotrod cruising weather,...!
    I've managed to keep all but a handful of the RMjunipers growing throughout the summer,...and all of the elms are still doing great! The hackberries are filling out nicely. I'm getting a lot of exercise hauling 5gal buckets, 1/2 full of water, over 3.5 acres,...every three days.
    Ah,...and the mystery plant has no thorns, and berries that ripen to dark purple/red,...so I think that means it's a currant!
    Drove the tractor today, Fiat tomorrow,...probably Camaro on Tuesday. Next I gotta figure out how to defeat an RX-7 warning buzzer,...
    Time to stock up on hay soon,...
    All have a good week! Stay cool.

4. asphaltburner

Had the Camaro out yesterday for a drive and a wash. I got some pics while I was at it,...
    IMG_5734 (Large).jpeg IMG_5741 (Large).jpeg
    REX (RX-7) needed no more than a "Low Coolant" sensor wire repair, just behind the radiator, where the mice chewed through,...soldered, heatshrinked, and sheathed to prevent future mischief.
    FRANKENTRUCK goes on hay detail as of Tuesday,...
    Trees are doing great,...and I have eight RMJ seedlings that I transplanted to pots. They will go into the garden for the winter, and into the pastures in the spring.
    I'm retired,...but I DO have a full-time job! Just more flexibility,....
    All have a good week! Todd.

5. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Camaro's lookin' sweet A-B, thanks for the pics!

6. asphaltburner

Thanks, Keith! I believe that these are the first pics I've taken of it since I finished the paint and trim,...since before that show that we attended down there!
    Good thing that I didn't screw up that spin on I-25, on the way to the show! I might have never got pics of it like this,...
    Not sure what kind of currant this is, but the 'mystery plant' is definitely a currant, and not a gooseberry. It's doing very well - 3.5 to 4',...
    14 elms, 2 hackberrys, 18 RMJs thriving in our pastures, for this year. I also have eight juniper seedlings that are doing quite well so far, in 2" pots. They'll winter in the garden.
    Working on the Spider, and just fixed a sensor wire in the RX-7. Busy.
    The weather may be cooling some soon,...

7. Jerry73Z28

Jerry73Z28 Member

Haven't done much on the Camaro this summer, just sandblasting and painting random parts, mostly front suspension. A few Saturdays this summer at Dad's but not getting much done because of the heat, and a few Saturdays when Dad's been off Jeepin'. Very happy he's having so much fun on his Jeep trips. Contemplating taking some time off next month to join him on a trip for a few days.
    The garage is getting there, slowly. All of the walls have been drywalled, mudded, primed and painted. About half of the ceiling is done through painting, about another 1/4 primed, and what's left needs a few more coats of drywall mud as well and priming and painting. Spent a good bit of this Saturday sanding drywall joints so he can put up the next coat of mud. The plan is to finish the garage before we start moving in the larger Camaro parts so that they're not getting coated with mud dust, splatters of mud, or paint/primer splatters. With the weather finally cooling off, I'm hoping we can get the garage done in the next month and then make some good progress on the Camaro and some of his other projects this winter.
    Good to hear all your trees seem to be doing well, AB. I think all 10 of the trees we planted this summer gave up. We'll probably try again next year.
    Bring on that cooler weather...

8. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks for the update Jerry, you guys will really appreciate that garage come this winter. Keep us posted!

9. asphaltburner

COOL, Jerry! Soon you'll have a new garage!
    New garage,...how VERY nice! I LOVE my garages.
    Stay outta the heat,...

10. Jerry73Z28

Jerry73Z28 Member

It's not a new garage, simply putting insulation into the existing one in hopes it'll stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. A big part of the time spent has been moving all the things he's accumulated around so we could get to the walls and do the work. It's going to be pretty tight in there once the Camaro moves in, but I hope it'll be able to stay out of the way enough he can still do his other projects.