Comfortable seats

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Scott Sievers, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Rick Figus

Rick Figus New Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Oak Forest, Illinois
    Carbeau ( might be spelled wrong) make a great sport seat for $600 pair.

2. Rick Figus

Rick Figus New Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Oak Forest, Illinois
    Goggle "aftermarket seats"

3. Rick Figus

Rick Figus New Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Oak Forest, Illinois
    Sport seat

Attached Files:

4. jpaltzer

jpaltzer Veteran Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Manitowoc, WI
    I am also looking for comfortable seats. I have a bunch of random originals but it cost more to cover them then new. I am very interested in the Carbeau Sport. I am amazed that when I do a search here that this is the only thread that comes up on the entire site. Seems impossible.

5. EVILFACE

EVILFACE Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Yukon, OK
    Is there a way to at least make the original recline back?

6. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    I remember my old 78 had a "recline" feature. It was a lever with a block on it with 2 diffrent heights. Wasn't much though. That was 20 years ago when I had it. Could have been something someone else added.

7. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    I think that was the RPO AN6 Driver Seat To Adjustable Reclining Seat Back option.

8. Jeep43

Jeep43 Veteran Member

Mar 30, 1999
    Connecticut
    Try Corbeau

dave@ztech likes this.
  9. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    80's s10 blazer bucket seats would prob work and I think they recline. Those years look more like the 2nd gen seats. The Later years into the 90's would prob be more comfortable but they could possibly work too. On camaro I prefer the look of a tall seat, versus the seat with the removable headrest. It just looks more natural.

I think these will work on your 2nd gen tracks

10. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Canada
    Yes there is. I used the original seats (72) I moved the latch striker (& inboard pin) approx. 1/2 lower to reset the layback I needed to get the proper driving position, gave it another 4-6* layback. Did the same for the passenger. My build notes states about 24/25* factory, and now 28-30*.

Reinforced & seam welded the frames, and added extra bolstering to the sides before putting on new seat covers. Looks original, and better seating position.

For reference, here's a pic with the (approx.) driver in original position vs passenger.

Attached Files: