Computer impaired

Discussion in 'NastyZ28 Gamers & Computer Gurus' started by Dentguy, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Dentguy

Dentguy Veteran Member

Hi, I normally visit this site on my phone and rarely get on a computer.. The only time is when I use quick books for my business and I don’t get on a browser. When I power my computer up it always says my anti virus is expired. I’d like to submit some pictures of my sons Z28 for the upcoming calendar and was wondering if it would be safe to do so? Or should I use someone’s that up to date on anti mess up??

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just because the subscription ran out doesn't mean you machine is compromised. It doesn't sound like you're on enough or go to weird places to get infected. There are a few good free anti virus programs out there. I'm sure people will post their favorite. All I used now is Windows defender and some anti-spyware stuff.

3. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've used Norton for awhile with no problems

4. xten

xten Veteran Member

Avast is free. www.avast.com
    It seemed to slow down my machines, so I went with Norton, which is free with Comcast.

5. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Your internet provider probably has Norton or similar as stated above. They don't really share that info so you may have to ask. Don't let them sell it to you.
    I use avg free edition. It has gotten bad about trying to get you to pay but I never had a prob with the free version.
    With your usage you prob fine with nothing. But always good to have some protection.