Costco

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Aug 6, 2019.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I went by the new Costco yesterday after I left the Cadillac dealership. From what everybody is saying, I may give a membership a try.

As for the dealership, yeesh! I wanted to get an idea of how to pull the console out of my Escalade. Nobody seemed to have a clue.

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL, a bunch of flat rate techs won't take the time (aka lose money) to explain to a random walk in how to perform a repair, who would have guessed their answer would be something along to lines of "I don't know"? It's a dealer not a repair school, they aren't there to be your nanny on repair work. LOL.

Shizzle likes this.
  3. ol' grouch

I just got a vacant look. The parts guy and service manager didn't seem to have a clue. The repair bays were mostly empty. 12 racks and one had a car on it. One guy working and several others watching.

4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

If it’s anything like the blower motor on a 74 Volvo they probably hang it in mid air and then build the car around it. :eek:

5. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Reminds me of a book I recently read.

budro6968 likes this.
  6. ol' grouch

Actually, the flap is fairly easy to replace. On the GMC and Chevy versions, it's about a 20 minute job. On mine, the console has to come out and I like to have an idea before I go in what I'm going to run into. I've worked on stuff cold before. I just like to get in, do it and get done. There's also an amplifier and CD changer in the console I may remove as they aren't hooked up to anything. The kid that had the Escalade before me put a "system" in and just whacked wires removing it. I'm going to clean up the wiring while I'm at it. I'm basically winterizing the car right now so when it's 15 degrees, I'm not out working on it.

7. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

The tire manufacturers make a lot of different kinds of tires. If you want a particular kind, look for that kind as Sam's Club, Walmart, or Costco. You can get exactly the same tires as you get at a tire shop if you shop for them.
    I bought a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain KO tires for my truck at my local Goodrich tire dealer. My Son bought exactly the same ones at Sam's Club. Sam's Club was cheaper than the tire shop. Both sets are exactly the same.

8. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Veteran Member

I've had Sams and Costco, Costco beats Sams any day of the week.

9. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Same here and I agree. The biggest difference I notice is that the Costco employees look happy to be there.

MoarThrottle and budro6968 like this.
  10. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Grouch,I had to do the BCM on my denali years ago-buried under the amp under console,There are a few u-tube vids on console removal,one I remember was "Vlads garage" 2 Russian fellas every 3d phrase was M_F this/that,best part was when he asks alexa how do you remove the mf console on 99 escalade/ask 'alexa" how to do something on your own how to video.I removed my drivers seat made it a lot easier,just everything was "stacked" in there.While you are in there check the BCM board they have a chronic problem with a solder connection that overheats and no wiper/radio or power windows.I had that certain spot on the console I could smack and it would make contact,but I knew it wouldn't fix itself.Just a resolder job that's real apparent - been good for a few years-Later Steve!!