Costco

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Aug 6, 2019.

1. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

My Wife came home a couple weeks ago with about 5 packs of muffins. There were on sale for a buck. I Think there were 6 in a pack. Corn bread and blueberry and what ever. They were awesome and huge! I think they were gone in 3 days. I'm going to go next time they all go. Need to check out the merchandise!

2. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

COSTCO bought some property here...paid to have the land cleared and started installing parking lot drainage and underground utilities....then they abruptly sold the property and scrapped the plans. Haven't figured that one out yet.

We have a Sam's and 3 Walmart locations and they are killing it on a regular basis.

3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I took time to just tear into it and find out myself. I wanted to remove the inoperable CD player so I wanted to pull it apart anyway. I grabbed a camera and went back to make a short video for anybody else needing to do it. You pull the top panel off with 4 screws. Then there are 4 larger bolts and two major electrical connectors. Undo the blue and black connectors, remove the 4 bolts, slide it back a few inches and it will lift right out. It's one heavy puppy but not too bad. I'm going to pull it apart to make some modifications. Add some charge ports and such. It's not the best video, I've developed a tremor over the last few years so it's a bit shaky, but it'll give you an idea of how it goes in and out.

If anybody wants both the in dash single CD player and the in console multi disc player, I've got both. They look like they work, the previous owner had just cut them out of the circuit. I guess they're the same as a GMC or Chevy using the same units.

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Went by Costco today and asked about memberships. Two levels. Gold ($60) and Executive ($120). I asked what was the difference besides twice as much for the latter. All sorts of goodies and benefits for the Executive. Between a gift card and a bonus for signing up for the Costco credit card, my total out of pocket was about $40. I only planned to walk around and look but I found two pairs of pants in my size. I have little bitty short legs and usually turn up cuffs or walk the heels down. I go to Big and Tall for shirts and coats and Short and Tubby for pants. I'm 6 foot with a 29 inch inseam.

5. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

I hope it works out as nice for you as it has for my family and I. We really like shopping there.