Crash testing in Sweden

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, May 19, 2019.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

2. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

you’re right, you’d think they’d be safer, but honestly I’m not surprised at all. They are made of nearly the lightest materials they can possibly be made from, and most regular houses don’t do well when a car crashes into them. So now you take a thinly lightly made house, drop it on 4 wheels and a motor and hurl it down the road at 60mph......

serpent710 likes this.
  3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

obviously not a VOLVO....lol

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Dang not only do u have to worry about the front impact but also all the crap coming from behind u that's gonna try to take ur head off

5. xten

xten Veteran Member

Looked like the table tried to decapitate the rear passenger.We had a customer at the PB&E store that sold and serviced them. Didn't take much to fold them up. Looked like the body separated from the floor on one crash.

6. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

That was amazing

7. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

It looks like most of the RV's tested were what we would call class C units here. The class A's are based on bus chassis and class B's are modified vans. I always thought I'd buy a motorhome if I ever hit the lottery so I could move away from all the outstretched hands. Watching that, it won't be a class C, that's for sure. The child dummy in the car seat that was folded up and crushed was a real eye opener.

sparkyboy and dave@ztech like this.
  8. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

Damn, smashing that dodge sprinter, sorry "rv" was brutal!

I am the proud owner of a 1978 tec rv on the chevy g30 chassis. Dually with gasoline 350 on the rv cam. Red blooded America man sh!t
    Her name is noodle and i have her teed up in the backyard on jackstands and awning down for true summertime partying. Too drunk? Hop inside and pick the full size if you wanna watch tv or the queen size if you are just gonna pass the hell out.
    I love that thing and am a bit ashamed that i haven't added a whole lot of miles to her original 60,000 :p
    There will be a total eclipse in 2024 in Texas and noodle will be making that trip.
    A total eclipse is the most amazing, breathtaking thing i have ever seen. I caught the 2017 one in wyoming with my dad and you already know...
    I live in CO so damn right i took my 77 camaro for that once in a lifetime trip. The poor girl had to off road so hard to meet my dad at a nearby lake, but she soldiered on despite being slammed so perfect that she makes america scrape again on the tiniest of bumps! She didn't miss a single beat, and got the same gas mileage as my dads mercedes, 18 mpg!
    Haha cheers boys, good times indeed.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  9. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I think they put it together with double-side tape and a few staples

[​IMG]

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

That was AWESOME!