Cut and Buff paint - Houston/Cypress area

Discussion in 'The Great State of Texas!' started by DougZ28, Sep 6, 2019.

1. DougZ28

DougZ28 New Member

Hi all,

Looking for a recommendation on a shop in the above area for a cut and buff on the paint. Also looking to do a ceramic coating on it afterwards.

Thanks in adavance.

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

It doesn’t matter where you are... Most shops won’t guarantee they can do a cut and buff on someone else’s paint work.

If the clear wasn’t done properly (too thin or previous sanding was done to it) an accidental cut through to the color coat makes a mess.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  3. DougZ28

DougZ28 New Member

Much appreciated info Twisted_Metal. I am not necessarily looking for a guarantee but a good shop recommendation would be appreciated.

4. Crazy4camaro

Crazy4camaro Veteran Member

how long since it was painted.

5. DougZ28

DougZ28 New Member

About 2 years ago

6. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Are you wanting this done at a shop or for someone to come to where your car is?

Any auto paint suppliers in your area? Contact them for leads. They probably have business cards for body shops. Ask some local car clubs

I think you will be most fortunate if you can find someone to come to where the car is. I went through this when I looked into having my Camaro sprayed and buffed at the house. I am just east of Willowbrook Mall. Gads, I called and visited lots of places and called car clubs but found nothing.

Even taking your car to shop is not likely. Collision-repair places won't touch it. A restoration shop is iffy at best. $100 an hour and up if you can find one, which is what I found in my immediate area.

Have you considered doing it yourself? I am doing so for the first time after my first time spraying a car. It is time consuming and a shop would take far less hours

7. DougZ28

DougZ28 New Member

Chuck

Thanks Chuck