Dash, lower vents

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Matt69406, Jan 19, 2020.

1. erhan ergin

erhan ergin New Member

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Those look like the correct parts you are searching for.

3. Plater Tom

Plater Tom Veteran Member

I do not believe hoses were used on early cars. They used hard platic "tubes" I will check my inventory. I think that I have the correct setup. Tom

4. erhan ergin

erhan ergin New Member

Thanks Guys, please let me know Tom as I will buy these off ebay if they fit.

5. erhan ergin

erhan ergin New Member

I looked closer at my car and I am not sure the hoses will work like Tom suggested. It seems I have everything but the one connection to the left. Everything is hard plastic. The hoses look smaller and I do not believe they will fit the vent openings.

6. Plater Tom

You are correct.I will show pics and supply the details. I bought an AC dash assembly awhile back.The picture of the hard plastic tube, the upper air distribution duct and the right side vent with the lever came with this dash. Take note of the pic with the hose. The upper air disribution duct (UADD) is different. They are not a direct interchange because of the diameter of the hard plastic tube and the hose. The part number of the UADD of the 'early" set up is 3963795. Part number of the "later is 6262627. Wait, there is more.. according to my GM parts counter catalog there is a note. It reads: Note 1: When using 6262627 in place of 3963795 it is necessary to discard molded plastic outlet from the center dist duct to the L.H. side outlet & purchase & install approx. 27.00 in. of 1234988 hose.between the center outlet & L.H. side outlet.BTW all of the parts shown are for sale. AC6.JPG AC6.JPG AC4.JPG AC5.JPG AC3.JPG AC2.JPG AC1.JPG AC4.JPG AC5.JPG AC3.JPG AC2.JPG AC1.JPG

7. Plater Tom

Sorry for the extra pics. Tom

8. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Great info, Tom!
    I wasn't aware that the early 2nd gens used solid plastic tubes.

9. Plater Tom

It took a while to figure it out. The parts catalog cleared everything up. Tom

10. erhan ergin

erhan ergin New Member

Thanks Tom for the great info and detailed pics. Thanks to both of you for being so quick getting back. I will see if I can get any of the two parts mentioned. Ideally 3963795 if I cannot find that then the 6262627 with the 27 inch hose. Any pointers where I may be able to find these. I will check the web obviously but just in case you already have some contact.