DBW Accelerator Pedal for my 78 LS3 swap

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Gasoholic, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Member

For my 78 LS3 swap, I have an OEM 2010 Camaro LS3 intake with the stock 90mm drive by wire throttle body.
    I don't have my harness and controller yet. I'm planning to use the Holley TerminatorX Max system for spark, fuel, DBW, and trans
    It looks like the recommended pedal is the ZO6 Corvette pedal. P/N 19417903.
    https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19417903.html
    I figured if nothing else I should be able to acquire an OEM 2010 Camaro pedal and that would for sure work. But looking at pics the Corvette pedal looks more after market installer/fab friendly. I even found a place that makes a bracket for it to fit my 78. But before I pull the trigger I figured I would ask if any here knows if the Vette pedal works with the OE 2010 Throttle body.
    Anyone used the Vette pedal on an LS3 swap?

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Most of the swaps I have seen using a DBW are using the Caddy pedal which there are two brackets for our cars. One from Keith Custom Works and the other is Scarebird. I use the scarebird bracket. I’m using GMPPs harness and the E67 ECM. It comes down to the connector on the pedal and even that...I think you could make any of the GM pedals work with some wiring mods.

https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=163

3. badazz81z28

4. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Member

Cool thanks!
    I didn't see that.

The Terminator x max p/n I was looking at is p/n 550-928 for the LS2/LS3 58x crank sensor. But it looks like the pedal is the same 10379038 p/n
    Now I just to confirm with Holley that the stock 2010 Camaro throttle body is compatible with the rest of the system.
    I'm thinkin if I have to get a throttle body I might just set this up for drive by cable.

5. bazookatooths

bazookatooths Member

I used #10379038 and a bracket from ks71z28 really good guy.

I would call and verify i ordered the wrong dbw harness, so i just bought a new throttle body for like 60 bucks. So small upgrade 78mm to 90mm throttle body lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  6. badazz81z28

The cool thing about Scarebirds bracket is you can use the OEM pedal pad. So it doesn't look "off" in the car.

7. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Member

So I been researching this till the wee hours of the morning last night, and from looking at wiring diagrams the 2010 Camaro stock throttle body while it is technically a different p/n the terminals, 6 pin, rectangular, A-F, all go to the same functions as the throttle body listed as compatible with the TerminatorX controller and harness system. So theoretically I may have to swap connectors but it should work.
    I will order the CTSV pedal and get a mounting bracket from scarebirds. Worse case I have to buy another throttle body, but I'm pretty sure the one I have is going to work. I will try to verify with Holley, but even they may not know for sure.

Thanks for the help and links!

8. badazz81z28

There’s really only 2 90mm DBW TBs out there. They are known as the “silver blade” and “gold blade”. The gold is the newer one and very common.

9. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Anyone know of a bracket for the g8 pedal ? ☹️

10. badazz81z28

Good luck with that lol...The only reason the brackets that do exist is because that is the pedal that comes with the crates GMPP kit.