Did you guys see this new public safety fee were getting rooked into?

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by Knuckle Dragger, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    I just read about this today. Arizona is adding a $32 per year, per vehicle fee to our registration costs. WTF is that? That's more then I pay in total fees on a couple of my cars now. This is a huge increase in yearly cost for most of us. I'm pissed.

blown32 likes this.
  2. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Peoria, Az
    Saw that on the news this morning. Unfortunately not much we can do except go on Service Az today and renew your registration ahead of time. It doesn't go into effect until midnight tonight.

3. Knuckle Dragger

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    I just renewed two of my cars for multiple years so I dodged it for a bit on those. It' just crazy they can sneak that much of an increase in on us without any public outrage. That's a huge revenue bump for them. I better see some real road improvements or else..................or else I guess I'll whine some more :crazy:

4. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Peoria, Az
    I'll be right there behind ya griping about all the bumpy roads I have near my house...:whine:

5. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Maybe to cover the road use costs for electric vehicles? Just guessing on this. Somehow they need to start paying for the roads and bridges.

6. Knuckle Dragger

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    If it goes to roads and such I'll be a little less peturbed, but often times they just take existing funding out of the road budget to use somewhere else and we end up with no net gain in funds. The red flag for me is it goes to DPS not ADOT. Are they going to get troopers out their paving the roads?

7. Knuckle Dragger

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
  8. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Illinois is considering a 500% increase in registration fees AND a mileage tax. :mad::eek:
    Gotta love new billionaire governors!

9. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Illinois is saying they need more funding as vehicles are getting better mileage, thus the per gallon tax doesn't go as far as it use to - and road repair is suffering because of it. K

10. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    We have been screwed like that for years here in California!!! Enjoy.