Did you guys see this new public safety fee were getting rooked into?

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by Knuckle Dragger, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I heard on the news with the new budget they agreed to get rid of the fee in two years . It was a compromise from waiting five years. Does anyone believe it will go away? In 51 years of I have never seen a politician let go of a cash grab, ever.

$18ish in fees to register my truck without this money grab "fee"

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I don't believe anything from any government until I see it happening. Next, the jackasses in our state will impose the same fees on our classic and antique vehicles as they do on our daily drivers.

3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Indiana has antique plates but the costs are pretty similar to regular plates. The only exception is if something wasn't available when it was built, you don't have to retro fit it. There's a ruckus going on about a guy with a Model T who got seatbelt tickets for him and his wife. One thing you CAN do in Indiana is use vintage plates on antiques. If you have a 1954 car and find a vintage 1954 plate, if that number isn't in use, you can use it for a fee. At first it had to be original but I think now they allow restoration to original colors. If you have vintage military equipment like a retired Jeep, you can use the vehicle number as your registration. Currently the military uses black numbers so they need to be white.

4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's all fine and dandy but I don't see how it has anything to do with this thread. We're talking about government over reach on fee's, not vehicle code in Indiana. If I wanted to know about that I'd post in the Indiana section. ;)

5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Indiana loves fees. What is taxed, has been taxed again with the first tax included. I was talking about fees that have been dropped for a change.

6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Michigan lets you register a correct year plate as well, non-expiring. The fee I'm worried about is levied with our insurance bill. It's the one I referred to called Catastrophic Claims in an earlier post. If that was applied to our old cars, it would cost us a lot of $$. For my wife and I, it would be an added 1,000 per year.

7. ZEN357

ZEN357 Veteran Member

In WV they raised the fee for yearly registration from 31.50 to 51.50. That really sucks especially when you own multiple vehicles and WV has a yearly Personal Property tax on your vehicles as well. Really considering moving to TN where they have non personal property tax.

8. Richard Schultz

Richard Schultz Veteran Member

Every state has a fee for any plate.Fee for everything.Should get a discount for being a American native,perhaps free!