Does $14,000 seem a little high?

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by 1971CamaroGuy, Jul 1, 2019.

1. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

2. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah especially no title. Guess the person is hoping to still get a boatload of money after negotiating down.
    I have no idea what that setup is worth. But I would not give much for it. But those parts are prob worth some money and if it goes straight you could have a descent racecar with your own motor/trans setup.

3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

He has some money in that car, however, not 14K worth, he says it's all steel except hood , looks like he has good parts on there and it is setup for the track, would want to see a little more of the interior , especially the back section to see how well that was boxed in, and you can get a title on an older car with just a bill of sale, in most states, so long as it still has a VIN #, if you are looking for a race car, that one looks setup for it, 9K maybe

hubedobeedo likes this.
  4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Doesn’t look like it was a quality build. It looks like a budget build in a garage. The title isn’t a big deal IF it’s registered and sold in a state that doesn’t require titles for old cars. If it is...you need the owner to apply for a duplicate title before buying it.

Unless you’re looking for a drag car, I would pass.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  5. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Are not all cars upgraded in a garage? Or would it what been better to have built it up on the car port? HAA HA

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Well....when I think of a garage...I'm thinking of my garage or carport. On the other spectrum, a "shop" has all the tools and equipment to do a professional job. That car doesn't look like it was a professional job. I know it lacks pictures...but it looks like a thrown together project to me. The sad thing is....I bet it was a nice street car and someone chopped it up because there was no title to legally register it. Looks like Arkansas requires a title and if you don't have one, there is a bond procedure to get one....Looks timely and expensive.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    hubedobeedo and dave@ztech like this.