Early 1970 Z28 Window Sticker

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 70lt1z28, Oct 3, 2019.

1. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Saw a nice 1970 Z28 last weekend at a local show. I have seen it for the last few years and talked to the owner then who was the original owner. This year his daughter was driving it and I come to learn that he passed away in May.
    Anyway, I was looking over the original window sticker and noticed that there was a specific entry for the electric clock. I thought this odd as the Z28's came with the U14 gauges standard which had the clock.
    The car also had the Z21 Style Trim Group which had the extra exterior chrome like the RS but it isn't listed on the WS. There was a large photo from February of 1970 as part of the display and it has this chrome so it doesn't seem to be a later addition.
    Everything else including the VIN was spot on, even the rare VF3 bumpers.
    Did the window stickers change through the year?

Attached Files:

Dean70Z28 likes this.
  2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

This is interesting. My brother in law came home from Nam in April, bought a new Z28. Yellow/black, would have been an early build I suspect. His car had the split front bumper and upper turn signals, but had the cheap interior. I can remember my girl friend back then (now wife) commenting on how plain it was inside and how thin the vinyl was on the seats. Was not an RS for sure. I think I see on that window sticker a special front bumper listed which might be that front end setup as a separate option?

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If it had round front signal lights beside the headlights then it is a RS.

4. 70lt1z28

The special front bumper is actually the special front AND REAR bumper rubber strips that was the VF3 option. It is a full, non-RS bumper in this case but you could get the VF3 on the RS bumpers also.

Here is a photo of the car. Zoom in and you can see the rubber strip on the front bumper.

Attached Files:

5. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

That doesn't appear to me to be an original window sticker. I don't have any Norwood stickers to compare to it, but the right hand side of the sticker is cut off, which tells me that it is a copy of a sticker, not the original one. If it has been copied, then who knows if any changes were made at that time.

gpm6367 and Dean70Z28 like this.
  6. 70lt1z28

That's what I was wondering. I haven't seen many originals. Thought I would defer to the experts

7. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Possibly an original?

[​IMG]

Dean70Z28 and TommyRS70 like this.
  8. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Interior trim had nothing to do if it was an RS or Non-RS. Deluxe interior was a separate option available on any Camaro.
    If it was a Z28 it would not say RS on the car anywhere. So if it had the split front bumper with round turn signals above the bumper then it was a Z28 with RS option and standard vinyl interior.

tom3 likes this.
  9. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

RS Emblem is on steering wheel on 1970's. The only place my car says Camaro is the script on the glove box. 4 Z-28 emblems, one RS emblem and one Camaro emblem.

10. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah that's right... RS-Z28 would have RS on steering wheel only. Non RS-Z28 would have a Bowtie emblem.