Early 1970 Z28 Window Sticker

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 70lt1z28, Oct 3, 2019.

1. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

A slight twist here, this prompted me to check into the "special instrumentation" a little further. While I've known for some time that the '73 & '74 Z's did not "automatically" come with the U-14 instrumentation (it's either ordered separately or included with Type LT) apparently it was included with z28 from '70-'72.

Didn't know that before.

2. Kevin McKeown

Kevin McKeown Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

I ordered my 71 Camaro new from Jim Rathmann in Melbourne, FL. Had to have my mother co-sign on it, that's why her name is on the paperwork. The window sticker was damn near impossible to get off in one piece, so it was trashed. But I did have this paper, which lists the options I got on the car. Not sure if this is the carbon copy of the window sticker or not. Interesting, they spelled Camaro wrong on the document - "Camero!" I still have the original DMV inspection sticker, original registration, and protecto plate!

Invoice Sheet.jpg Original Registration.jpg

Dean70Z28 and roeville like this.
  3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Kevin,
    That is your dealer invoice. I have a similar one from when I bought my car new. I got my car at a small town dealership that didn't have a typewriter or any other device to type it up nice and clean like yours. Mine is all hand written by the dealership owner. I sat at the desk with him while he wrote it up and signed it before I drove off with the car.

We have never had vehicle inspection here so I don't have any of those, but I do have 49 years worth of registration cards for my car.

Dean70Z28 likes this.
  4. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

So you did get the hood insulation with the Z28 package.

5. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Yes, you got hood insulation with any of the following packages.
    Z28
    SS
    Custom Interior

6. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's another thing I always question to when I see a window sticker. Seems like these things always tore when trying to remove them. So if I see a picture of one that looks perfect I immediately think reproduction.

7. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I’ve heard of “special requests” where the dealer is instructed to have the window sticker supplied off the car or something similar. I remember back then seeing cars with the sticker still on the window driving around. My dad said something like they were “showing off” their new car.

8. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Same here. People would leave them on for a long time too. But getting them off usually took soaking the paper and left it all wrinkled and stiff. That 71SS sure wasn't a cheap car even back then. Sure neat to have the original papers for those cars!

9. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Cool. I was under the impression it only came with the custom interior. I guess I'll need to give Chuck some more business.