Edelbrock proflo XT 32360

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 76z28, Jun 12, 2017.

1. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

So within the next month I plan on making the plunge into EFI for my big block. Was really interested in FiTech go port until they wouldn't answer my emails, messages on Facebook, or calls. I have read receipts that I happened to check due to a sensitive email and noticed they had opened it. It rubbed me wrong, so I'll take my money elsewhere.

I have a big block I'm wanting to convert over to mpfi. Has anyone had any experience with the edelbrock proflo XT set up?
    My big block makes around 650hp at the flywheel, 540 at the wheel. I'm thinking the XT set up might give me a little more on top end with the tunnel ram style runner.
    I'm going with a tanks ink fuel pump pa-6, return style regulator in the back and will be using my existing hard line.

Any tips or tricks?

2. Bill70

Bill70 Veteran Member

I assembled a system for my 71 using a Holley EFI ecu, Accufab throttle, Mast intake, and Siemens injectors. I was brand new to EFI so I chose the Holley ecu because they have strong customer support and even though you have complete control of the tuning, it is pretty intuitive. I also used a Tanks fuel injection tank. I would advise against using the rear mounted return style regulator. I used that at first and found that it caused a drop in fuel pressure at high load. It simply becomes a restriction in high horsepower cars. I ended up using a Holley billet return style mounted up front and plumbed after the fuel has been through the fuel rails.

If you want a complete kit from Holley here is a rectangle port kit.
    https://holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/hp_efi/hp_multi-port_kits/parts/550-830

[​IMG]

3. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

Why does it become a restriction?
    I would think with enough pump it wouldn't cause pressure to drop. I'm asking as I would like to know since I don't know!
    I did decide to order the tanks Inc tank and gpa-6 fuel pump(which is wayyy more than enough fuel for my combo).

4. Bill70

Bill70 Veteran Member

I don't know why it caused my problems, just that it did. Also, with high horsepower the best place for the regulator is after the fuel rails. That means the engine always gets the full capability of your fuel pump. That's how it worked for me. I used the 450 lph pump.

5. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

Just ordered for edelbrock set up! I will continue researching the fuel set up.