EFI people, what do you think?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by rocket dawg, Apr 8, 2018.

1. UnseenZ28

UnseenZ28 Member

I've had Atomic EFI on 2 cars. great system. i'd recommend running a single plane intake with any system you choose though.

2. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Why do you recommend a single plane?

3. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I have the proflo system. I love it. I just fiddle with timing and AFR--ran well enough to run an 11.3 the first time out on a street car that had never seen the track in about 5 years. This is with STIFF suspension and tuning issues(only self learned for the drive there!)

4. UnseenZ28

UnseenZ28 Member

From my personal experience with the self tuning TBI systems they run way better on single planes. I just swapped to a single plane on my '79 with the Atomic and it runs way better. I think it has something to do with the divider on the dual planes not letting the map sensor get a correct reading. If you do a search on google you'll see people with similar results. Even Engine Masters on youtube did an Intake Shootout using FAST EFI TBI system and couldn't get it to run right on the dyno with a dual plane.

5. rocket dawg

rocket dawg Veteran Member

OK, got the car out last night after charging the battery. Fired right up, 5 minute warm up and on the road. Ran great, sounds great etc.. Stopped by by buddies for a cold one and smelled gas-again. Those dual feed blue and red flex ($$$) feed lines are leaking for the 10th time. Its time for the EFI system, I'm tired of fixing gas leaks and every time I tighten one area, a different one pops up. I'm going to Holleys tech line for some questions before I order, basically research the heck out of it. Looking at the single plane intake as well. If some of you are running a single plane, what brand?

6. rocket dawg

Looking at the Torker 2 from edelbrock. Good choice? or not so much?

7. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a Torker 2 sitting on the shelf - for a good reason. Poor design to begin with and has small runners. I'm going EFI soon and not even considering that manifold, going to use my RPM Air Gap. It has a notch cut down in the divider, giveing it a somewhat open plenum effect.

8. rocket dawg

I have the same intake as you. Been hearing and reading all kinds of different theories/ideas etc. I wonder what is the best intake for a Sniper system. I have a question into Holley and should hear back Monday or Tuesday and i'll post there response. They know i have the RPM air gap installed now. What you say makes sense.

9. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I dont have the sniper on my ride , the Fitech, using a RPM manifold, the thing runs great, so Im not to sure about the single plane theory myself

10. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

I have the Edelbrock Proflo (original) it came with a Manifold that is like a Torker + RPM. I think it is similar to the Torker II. It is a raised open plenum (single) and I run a airhorn and port injection. Not sure if this helps your decision.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]