EFI people, what do you think?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by rocket dawg, Apr 8, 2018.

1. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am running the stock return line on my sniper with the RobMcc surge tank. There is no issue and basically 0 psi coming off the return on my sniper which is normal according to Holley.

2. K1ng0011

K1ng0011 Veteran Member

I went with a TPI setup from a 85-89 Camaro. I use a factory ECU commonly referred to as an '165' ECU from a 86-89 Camaro. Originally the '165' uses a MAF sensor but in Australia their ECUs used a MAP sensor. So I used a highly modified version of their code called OSE12P. Since I used OSE12P I now can use a MAP sensor which is easier to work with and install.

http://nastyz28.com/threads/ose12p-tpi-conversion.320650/

3. rocket dawg

rocket dawg Veteran Member

Sniper installed on friends Jeep (SBC 355 ) It whistles! the TB unit makes a ticking sound, the fuel pump is loud and he has a mid range bog, as in it falls on it's face.

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

It whistles?

5. 8pack

Give it some time to learn......or post the question on the Holley Sniper forum. The bog is easily resolved once you get pointed in the right direction. Have a data log available of when it happens. 30 seconds long or less ideally but you can go longer....

Externally mounted fuel pumps tend to be loud....it is not related to the Sniper itself.....

Read this re: the Whistle.....4 hole spacer should solve the problem. I had no whistle on mine but others do....

https://forums.holley.com/showthread.php?20273-Sniper-loud-whistle-hiss-normal/page5

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Doesn't know all the words?

73 Z likes this.
  7. 8pack

Are words really necessary?

8. rocket dawg

Yes, the Holley site has been quite helpful and the whistle is common but easily fixed. Just threw it out here to see if anyone on this site has had similar problems. There is some sort of a progressive linkage designed for this unit, its aftermarket making it a little user friendly. As he ( we ) fix these issues, I'll keep ya posted. On the plus side, it fires up instantly, idles great, and runs good until half throttle ( bog) He needs to drive it more. I'm still interested in this unit, Im looking at FI tech too.

9. 8pack

I would leave the progressive linkage off for now. It seems like a good idea and some people have had luck with it but for others, like me, it just made getting it set up correctly more complicated.

Holley tech support is amazing and they have helped me more than once after I sent them my data logs. Not bashing Fitech, but the common complaint is lack of quality customer support and responsiveness. Also as an FYI, the Summit unit is a re-branded Fitech unit.

The guys over at Chevelles.com really know their stuff on the Sniper and Fitech units and tons of good information there. I also signed up as a member and they are as helpful and friendly as on this site even if you don't have a Chevelle.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-efi/

10. rocket dawg

That's the helpful info I'm looking for, thanks a ton. I'll pass that along to him today. FFIW his set up is 10 to 1 , aluminum heads, decent cam, not a monster- headers, etc.....