EFI pumps, what and where

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by simso, Oct 27, 2019.

1. simso

simso Veteran Member

Hey folks,

Going through the endless options of efi pumps, can anyone show me theirs and any issues with installation.

i am aware of aftermarket efi and tank in one setup, but shipping to australia is a bit crazy price wise, other than holley is there any other direct fits, im okay with mounting one inline as well

steve

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have read where some used the holley drop in to the original tank , and it was also returnless , so that makes it ever easier , hopefully they will post what they thought of it.

simso likes this.
  3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Holley 12-304 is what I'm using with my ProFlo 4 setup, no problems so far. It seems to run 2 - 4 lb over the regulated 58psi but this has not been an issue.
    https://www.holley.com/products/fue...uel_pumps/muscle_car_efi_modules/parts/12-304

badazz81z28 likes this.
  4. simso

simso Veteran Member

5. simso

simso Veteran Member

i actually pulled the mechanical pump out today, it had a feed line to it, but alongside it was another line that was blocked off, im assuming this is actually a return line to the tank, not totally sure on that but would be handy if it is, if it is i am guessing the replacement mechanical pump did not need a return

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  6. CorkyE

Yes, no return line required, I spoke with Eddy tech about this. The return is built into the pump.

7. simso

simso Veteran Member

Cool, how do you know its running more than advertised, have you got a pressure regulator installed as well?

8. CorkyE

Yes, the ProFlo 4 has a pressure sensor. No regulator installed, regulator is built into pump. Mine just runs a bit high.

simso likes this.
  9. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

OEM.
    5th gen camaro like a 2010 Camaro SS fuel pump should be available there for a similar global platform?
    Fabrication is probably available there but vetteworks sells the mounting rings in both steel and stainless. The website isn’t that great.. hard to distinguish between 4th and 5th gen
    https://vetteworksonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9_68&products_id=235
    Might have to do a sump to get minimum depth. Run 3 bar fuel pressure regulator, he sells those too. The regulators are out of a vw or common euro model, again probably a global platform.

simso and reedld like this.
  10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member