fast ez efi problem

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by garyandcindy, Nov 30, 2013.

1. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Imagine being several hundred miles from home and this thing starts acting up...it's not like you can go down to a parts place and pick something up to make it run to get the car home.

2. dale68z

dale68z Veteran Member

My friend is still waiting for his replacement MAP sensor from FAST. Has been waiting for a month

3. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

If I were him I would give them a call and insist on a shipping conformation.I've had to push them to get any info out of them.

4. dale68z

dale68z Veteran Member

I talked to him on Friday. They apologized to him, said it got lost. Supposed to be here this week.

His carb worked well. FI so far has been a bummer. This is our season for beating on our cars.
    He has missed the last 2ish months of running. 3 weekends with pro auto sports, goodguys Scottsdale, and del mar. Missed the track day at Fontana, and Adams. Also our trip this weekend at Inde.

5. My73LT

My73LT Veteran Member

I understand the appeal of the 'auto-tune' featues, and the ease of ( according to the ads at any rate ) just slapping one of these in place of your carb..

But after my experiences with MSD, and reading the horror stories here, I am pretty much dead set on a cowl induction hood and a stock truck EFI system. Maybe more of a PITA to tune ( or get tuned ), but I can find parts readily available in the local store. Waiting for a call back, or a part to get shipped while I'm on the side of the road 300 miles from home would piss me off to no end.

And I'll add, DOUBLE THIS :

6. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think you guys are diluted to think that these companies read everything on the web. These aren't HUGE corporations we are talking about. They may get some feedback from "searches" but they aren't going to read everything on the internet. You also have to realize that 90% of the people posting are illiterate and spell words improperly so getting a 100% accurate search is not realistic. People can't even spell "Camaro" correctly on here.

Calling is the only feedback you can take as truly getting through to them, and if they have such terrible customer service as we are hearing about how can you expect them to be getting internet feedback?

7. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

About the best place to get info and help on the Fast is their own forum. Several guys on there have a ton of knowledge and can usually help to trouble shoot any issues that may come up.

8. garyandcindy

Well something positive finally.Come home for lunch today at 11:45 and the iac motor from FAST is sitting on my front porch.Maybe i'll have time tonight to install it and see if it fixes my problem.I guess all the calling finally got results.

9. garyandcindy

Got the iac motor installed but it did not fix the problem.Still will not idle below 1200 rpm's.Had a long session with FAST tech support and they seem to think I'm loosing my tach signal below 1200 rpm.Said I needed to get some kinda aftermarket box to help the signal.Does anybody know how to verify it's the tach signal or what kinda box they are talking about?Said something about a module I could use also.I was just ready to get off the phone.Looks like I'm just gonna take it back to the shop that installed it and let them fix it.Not saying they did anything wrong.But if it can be fixed they can do it.

10. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

I have an MSD billet hei and use the rpm module supplied with my kit for the ignition signal to the ecm. They say the hei has the dirtiest tach signal but mine works good for the most part.