Favorite youtube person

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by dcozzi, Aug 21, 2019.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I know it has been mentioned before but, this guy is a blast to watch. The best part is, he knows stuff about chemistry and machining. He gets into all sorts of stuff including disassembling tools to see what they are really made of and if it is quality stuff or not.
    He's a good guy, aye.

Just search "AvE" on the poo tube.

2. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

AvE is pretty funny, but like you said, he knows enough about materials, machining, molding and electronics to really make his videos very information. I bought my Earthquake 1/2" cordless impact gun specifically on his evaluation and it has been great with zero issues over the past two years.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I was just watching the one where he cleans the galled up aluminum off of his mill bits with lye.

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Yep one of my Favorites. I like to try and watch SWRNC. The guy is an I love me a-hole. But he does show some down to earth stuff. Cusses way too much.

5. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

well it comes down to ******* ALLOWACE!!! You may be going WTF is that?
    it is the ALLOWANCE we give to KNOWLEDGEABLE, CAPABLE .....ASSHOLES!

Face it if your are lazy and stupid......and you TRY to be an A**hole....ANY... your unemployed!
    If you a the bestest badest MoFo in the shop ...for getting ANYTHING done.....and you choose to be a RICHARD....oh well!

So...the BETTER you are (both knowledge and ability) the BIGGER an A**hole you are ALOWED to be (btw...not a requirement!!!)

6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I get a kick out of Taryl fixes all. Goofy but really gets into "howto" that can save a lot of aggravation when fixing stuff. Good videos.

Sort of an intro:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you like machining videos and related check out ThisOldTony. Hell of a garage, vertical mill, surface grinder, lathe, and he explains stuff so well. Some great camera tricks too like gotta cut this in three pieces, drops it on the floor, there ya go three perfect pieces (ya gotta watch to enjoy it) and all you see is his hand the whole time, and occasionally his cute kid. I've watched hours of him, always amazed and what he does. Very smart guy.

8. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When I saw this post, one of the first that came to mind was Thisoldtony. His series on the Harbor Freight mini lathe was awesome.

A few other I like are Lockpickinglawyer. This guy makes picking any lock look like childs play.

ERB. Epic rap battles, need I say more?

Project Farm. This guy does a lot a interesting comparisons to everyday items.

I'll give a shout out to a couple of personal friends of mine:
    Kanedave funny rants, used to do Tuesday tantrums on FB
    Dr. Steve Turley politics/religion

9. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just watched Tonys rotary broach ... been doing this stuff a LONG time and have never seen such! I get it, understand it, would have never thought it!!! cool

10. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Check thisoldtony out making a new boring head, they way he does the taper is cool.