Fenderwell on the inside of fenders right?

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by earlysecond, Apr 14, 2012.

1. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Altoona, PA
    On another note, this time around I will jamb and assemble then paint assembled.

Unless I am missing something, and considering the fact that I am likely going to attempt what will be a tri-stage pearl job, I will need it to be together. PLUS if I painted it and started putting it together only to bust paint of fresh edges. . . .I would crap.

It can be pretty discouraging to put it all together, spend a lot of time lining it all up then busting it apart again just to put some color on it.

2. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Henderson/Las Vegas, NV
    I've been asked about my inner fenders before. My inner fenderwells are mounted "inside" the outer fender. They were like that when I bought the car.

3. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Altoona, PA
    cali,
    I think it would look better and it looks like the inners I have are ready to accept the clips and flush mount. Who knows, maybe I have the wrong ones.

4. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    Tire slop from the road has a better chance to into that joint and rot your fender lip that way.

5. wayback

wayback Veteran Member

Sometimes they're reinstalled this way to provide additional tire clearance. Doing so can eliminate tire rub when the tire/wheel fit is very close.