Fi Tech: New TBI Fuel Injection System

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Enroute, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Seems simpler and less expensive than the name brands out there now. Would be good to get some more user inputs like the vette guy.

3. JKC

JKC Veteran Member

I have been reading up on the edelbrock and msd and holley but read some on this kit last night it sounds like a good kit would really like more info.

4. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

5. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  6. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm a bit surprised the one guy didn't get more mileage improvement. I'm still very interested :)

7. JKC

JKC Veteran Member

hey just got my super chevy mag today and there is a good write up about this company and the 57 with the two tb injection

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  8. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  9. Kamaro

Kamaro Veteran Member

I always say that no carbs will be used after 2020, simply because EFI systems will be cheaper and much easier to install/tune by that time.

10. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

I don't know how you came up with the 2020 but theres no question the benefits of computer controlled fuel injection over a carb a undeniable for a street vehicle. I don't know why the hell they are needed on NASCAR or NHRA pro stock but that's another story. I've got 4 vehicles I'm going to change over from carb. and have studied the options for years. The price is the only unacceptable factor and I too have known that should come down. I think if that system turns out to work right reliably I'll buy one and try it out. Thing is going to FI means for me and anyone with original muscle a electric fuel pump conversion. I know no big deal right but if you add up all the cost and expense and time involved when all said and done for quality and safe in tank installation, new fuel lines, oil pressure safety switch, FI kit install, O2 sensor /s install wiring and every thing I'd bet you'll spend 24 hours of work and $3000 on the comparable FAST system which I've considered the top contender. ( even though my loyalty is to HOLLEY products. ) I guess this cheaper system is Chinese?