Fi Tech: New TBI Fuel Injection System

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Enroute, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

EFI here I come !!!

[FONT=&quot]Just received delivery of my very own 600 hp Power Adder TBI and Fuel Command Cent[FONT=&quot]er[/FONT]. The product was packaged very [FONT=&quot]cleanly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I will post updates as they become available...[FONT=&quot]p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]robably over the next couple of months <edit>....make that a few months. Probably looking at a June/July install date.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] [​IMG]

[​IMG][/FONT]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Looking forward to the updates on the install and driving.

3. olds403

olds403 Member

Nice....please do a write up. Next on my list of mods

4. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

Fuel Injection importing/exporting

Of interest to Canadians purchasing/importing fuel injection for their cars.

[​IMG]

Almost forgot to post this:

Prior to picking up my EFI from the Fed Ex depot I gave Fed Ex a call to get a breakdown on the taxes and duty owing. After a brief conversation with Fed Ex my call was transferred to Canada Border and Customs where I clarified to them exactly what it was that I purchased.

Fi Tech identified the TBI and Fuel Command Center on the waybill as "car parts". Car parts can be anything such as fenders, trim, seats, radios, etc and are subject to a 6% duty when entering Canada.

I explained to the Canada Border and Customs guy over the phone that the parts I purchased are "engine parts" and NOT "car parts". I explained to him that without the TBI and Fuel Command Center the engine cannot run. Apparently engine parts are duty free. He only asked me if the fuel system was diesel or gasoline. I told him it's gasoline. He subsequently removed the 6% duty and informed the Fed Ex depot of the change in charges. I only paid the provincial taxes.

I gave Fi Tech a quick call to give them the heads up. They were thankful for the information. 6% on that much money is a lot of coin.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  5. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Interesting about how the taxes are different.

6. Itsadryheat79

Itsadryheat79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Crazy how the Canadian exchange rate was a SUPER Hot Topic at Barrett Jackson this year.

7. 68dustin

68dustin Member

since I ran across this thread.. .. might as well share

I just installed this unit on my 68 mustang. I'm having a few little starting issues, but I'm still trying to get it adjusted correctly. I have about 40 miles on it. It's amazing how smooth my motor runs now (compare to the blow thru carb) The throttle response is great and the afr stays right where it needs to be in full boost. I also really like the electric fan controller. Once my Camaro is up and running ill be getting another setup. The car usually starts on the 2nd try, but I want to fine tune it so it's just turn key. I'm really happy how everything else is, other than the startup issue. I have talked to a few other blow thru people and they seem to have the same issue as me. Sometimes I have to hit the throttle with my foot to get running. But one of the other guys said to open the throttle blades more and get the iac steps down to 4-5. So I'm gonna go home today and try that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. Itsadryheat79

Itsadryheat79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

68dustin can you share your setup or a link to your build?

9. 68dustin

68dustin Member

This unit is in my mustang, I'm running a 302 with 10lbs of boost. Didn't really do much of a write up on the install. To help anyone with the install and avoid problems (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SWITCHED POWER SOURCE AND KEEPS POWER WHILE CRANKING) this was my biggest problem. I figured it out last weekend. The car fires right up now, cold or hot. The computer still has some learning to do.

10. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Glad that you figured out your hard to start issue with the fuel. :cool: