Fi Tech: New TBI Fuel Injection System

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Enroute, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. Itsadryheat79

Itsadryheat79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks for the update - very interesting read.

3. ProjectCam76

ProjectCam76 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So they put a TBI (Fi-Tech) on an LS engine. I asked someone if it could be done and they said just use the LS brain and wiring, but I want a simple TBI system. I had an idea to use an LQ4 long block with the Fi-Tech fuel injection with their fuel command center.

4. 89rodknocker

89rodknocker Veteran Member

i just seen there blown yellow chevy in person the other day in a walmart parking lot. Looked bad ass. i've been contemplating swapping out my 950hp for one of there units.

5. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

very interesting information on page two of the link. Thanks for sharing!

One observation I have is that the dyno team working with the carb ended up with really good numbers compared to the self learning "brain" in the EFI. Big props for that.

Another thought, and I think the graphs confirm this, is that a really well set up carb can perform as well as EFI. That being said, I'm really considering getting one of these EFI's ;)

6. frankz

frankz Veteran Member

Sooooooooooo... for just a couple thou $ you too can match the performance of an old school system ! Is that the take away?

7. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think it's a question of how good a carb tuner one is, or how good a dyno tuning team is at getting the carb dialed in. I think I'm pretty good, and my wideband says so, but I could adjust and tune so much more with EFI.

Also, this system we're talking about is $995 .....

How much does a day on a dyno cost? Don't get me wrong, I'm not challenging you, I genuinely wonder how much it would cost.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  8. ProjectCam76

ProjectCam76 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

In my case it would be perfect to run Fi-Tech over a carb because I don't know jack about carbs. lol This is what I plan on doing when I drop a new a new enigine with around 400+ hp/tq.

9. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

UPDATE:

Over on the Mopar A-body forum this thread has multiple installations....some finished, some in progress.
    Be ready for a long read as there are 200+ replies.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=321984

One user has the TBI and Fuel Command Centre installed and is happy with the system and how the car runs. The user has stated the importance of routing the vent line from the fuel command centre back to the tank. They have also experienced some ignition timing issues associated with an aftermarket box/distributor setup.

Another user is installing the TBI on a boosted E85 motor >>> this is a work in progress.

Another user states the following EFI system will be available from Fi Tech:
    "Ken did verify that in the next 3-4 months or so they will be coming out with MPFI, fuel rail with an injector for each cylinder that will be unlimited on HP and will adapt to whatever size injector you want. It will do Self tuning with any fuel type used... e85, pump or race fuel, alcohol, moonshine... Whatever you want. So if someone will be headed past the 1000hp mark. That system should fit the bill."

:happy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

MPI? Sweet. I just want to see some long term use.