Floor mats, lets see em

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by rocket dawg, Sep 4, 2019.

1. MP81

MP81 Veteran Member

Going to bump this up a bit - the Lloyds mats look wonderful, and really aren't stupidly expensive for being a custom fit.

Just trying to decide between the different "levels" (Classic, Luxe, Ultimate, etc). Any advice?

2. MP81

MP81 Veteran Member

Any input on this one? Looks like they have "Black" and "Ebony" as options for the carpet color on the "UltiMat". Which one matches the stock black interior the best?

Was thinking of getting the Z28 logo in Silver (or maybe Charcoal) to tie in with the silver exterior striping, as well as the secondary color in the interior.

Just curious if anyone has some thoughts on this. My current rubber mats have seen better days and love to move around.

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Here's the Lloyd mats my wife picked out for the 73Z (black interior, 60 light copper exterior). They're black with a gold Z28 logo. She wanted something different than the red and silver logo.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1973/chevrolet/camaro/parts/lm2030gd.html

The material doesn't exactly match the black ACC 80/20 loop carpet in the car, but I don't care. They are very nice quality and worth the wait of about three months. Bought them when CI had a deal of free shipping and up to 20% off. No sales tax back then.

I'm not familiar with the levels you're talking about, so can't help you there. Bottom line is they are much better than the rubber mats I have in my 71. I would buy another set of the Lloyd mats, no problem.

4. MP81

MP81 Veteran Member

I believe those would be the "Ultimat", based on the weight/ply of carpet. The Ultimat uses 32 oz 2-ply, so I believe that's what those are, which is the style I've been looking at.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned if they match exactly - they're black, carpet is black, and it's on the floor, so even if they don't, you'll never tell, since it's darker.

I wish I had remembered to buy these during Black Friday when they were running such a deal, oh well. Summit has $10 off $150 at the moment, so I may very well do that.

BillyDean7173 likes this.