Florida.....back at it.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Shizzle, Jan 8, 2020.

1. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...-drive-from-florida-dealership-doesnt-return/

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Investigators are searching for a man who took a Corvette on a test drive from a Florida car dealership Friday and never returned.

It’s not exactly clear who the “Florida Man” is in this story as it could go to either the Jacksonville-area car salesman who let the suspect take the car, or the suspect himself.

WJXT reports the man arrived at Beaver Toyota in St. Augustine and told employees he wanted to take the white Corvette out for a drive. When the man failed to return, the dealership called law enforcement.

The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office and Florida Highway Patrol are currently searching for the sports car in hopes of returning the vehicle to the dealership.

carr911 likes this.
  2. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Crazy stuff happens everywhere. You guys are borderline obsessive and disrespectful with this constant crap.
    But seems to me, the driving force on here are guys that have never lived here...or a guy that lived here long enough to know it was a mistake
    I lived in Illinois for 17 years and would never go back, in fact just visiting there, like 2 weeks ago, I can't wait to get back to Ft Lauderdale
    Should I start an Anti-Chicago thread every other day? Or a Anti North Dakota thread because I've been there once for a whole two days?
    Truth is , Florida has been pretty F--king great to me.
    Just picked up my new daily driver car Thursday, and parked it sideways in my 70 degree office parking lot.
    Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    carr911, sal70ss and Zstar like this.
  3. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I grew up in Lauderdale so, wait...let me get my popcorn...

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

When I drove a truck, I spent some time up in Minnesota. I was there several months and I don't think I met one jerk while I was up there. I'm sure they have some, I just never met any. Does that mean I want to go up there? Maybe in the summer but not this time of year.

5. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

More people moving to Florida then any other state! Enough said!
    Hater will always hate.

6. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I lived in Illinois for 17 years and would never go back, in fact just visiting there, like 2 weeks ago, I can't wait to get back to Ft Lauderdale. Sounds like you think the same of Illinois as some of us feel about the Sunshine State. How about in August...is it 70 degrees then? Or do you spend all day in your office/house and sweat your balls off? For 7-8 months? I lived in a rather affluent community. Golf course many wanted to play. You're lucky to see anyone out there before 3:00 PM. Just an example. On the good side, the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. Great restaurants! Many different kinds of animals, mammals (the Manatees fascinated me). I had eagles land in my backyard. Couldn't let my Havanese out there for obvious reasons. :eek::eek: And I can't say enough about the Cabbage Patch!

Many, and I mean many move to Florida for "Sunshine." They just don't realize its a massive change. Many move and then leave. Tax free? That's a crock. Back door taxes. For example - $1400 to register 2 Accords and a HD. Get on Rt 528 to go to MCO and it costs $6 to be on there for 20 minutes. I got 2 speeding tickets. One for going 47 in a 40 and the other, a SHP pulled me over, gave me a speeding ticket (51 in a 45) and he was totally wrong. A car passed me!

All in all, when I left Florida, I could have moved anywhere. But I chose NY because that's where my daughters are. It is a beautiful state. The state is very historical. Two examples - the Revolution - the battles of Saratoga and Oriskany. It is indeed a very attractive state except for the taxes and Cuomo.

Don't take folks busting on Florida on a personal level. Ever state has its good and bad including Florida.

7. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I've lived here for 40 years and love it. I post up some of the Florida Man stuff because it's funny. But nobody is from here so it's your ex-neighbors that bring in this crap

8. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

All that sun must thin out the skin...................

The Champ likes this.
  9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Amongst other things. Got to be cautious.

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Never bothered us but, then again, beef jerky is pretty tough.;)

Smokey15 and Zstar like this.