Florida.....back at it.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Shizzle, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

its just SO easy to find stupid stuff in Florida....lol granted MOST of them are FROM some where else....they are IN Florida doing stupid stuff...kinda what we call "low hanging fruit"....lol

Smokey15 and Zstar like this.
  2. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Of course goofy stuff happens everywhere. There certainly is no shortage of oddballs in Detroit, which I've posted about from time to time. I saw the story about the guy driving off with a Corvette, and not returning, and thought that was funny. I posted it here because the local Miami news station mentioned "Florida Man".

3. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I don't think there is a place in the world that would be "perfect" for every individual. I live in Michigan where, right now it is cold, damp, and miserable weather. I used to enjoy winter with snowmobiling and some skiing. Now, there is seldom enough snow where we live to justify the cost of these expensive snowmobiles. Yes, we have to store our old cars for the winter months. As we get older, we don't 'enjoy' winter. Michigan does have many advantages however. Plus, all our Family is here and we are pretty close. We have been to many states for vacations, etc. If I had to pick another place to reside full time it would probably be Kentucky, Tennessee or the Carolina's. Florida is our favorite winter spot. Been on both coasts and enjoyed our time there. Not so certain I could handle summer there though.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Zstar likes this.
  4. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah I know........But hey, anyway.....I just bought a new R/T..................

[​IMG]

sal70ss likes this.
  5. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

"I posted it here because the local Miami news station mentioned "Florida Man".[/QUOTE]

They do that everywhere in Florida so the neighboring cities and counties don't laugh.

Smokey15 likes this.
  6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

7. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Challenger R/T? Manual trans?

8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I might question the source.

I'll use a "non partisan" source:

By: Steve Bertel
    ST. LOUIS, Missouri — People from all over country are still moving into Idaho -– so much so, the Gem State was ranked as the nation’s most popular 2019 moving destination, according to the United Van Lines’ 43rd Annual National Movers Study.

The study, which tracks customers’ state-to-state migration patterns over the past year, shows Idaho saw the highest percentage of inbound migration among states experiencing more than 250 moves with United Van Lines – namely, 67.4 percent.

“This is Idaho’s first time leading the list of inbound states in more than 25 years,” according to a United Van Lines news release.the flip side, for the second consecutive year, the study found that more residents moved OUT of New Jersey than any other state, about 68.5 percent.

The study and its accompanying survey -- released Thursday --also revealed that more Baby Boomer generation Americans moved than any other age group last year, as those aged 55-74 years old accounted for more than 45 percent of all inbound United Van Lines moves in 2019.

Following this trend, Florida (58.1 percent) joined the list of top 10 inbound states for the first time since 2015, ranking seventh. Among all states, more residents flocked to Florida for retirement (40.5 percent) and for lifestyle change (22.97 percent) than any other state.

The Top 10 inbound states of 2019 were:

1. Idaho
    2. Oregon
    3. Arizona
    4. South Carolina
    5. Washington
    6. District of Columbia
    7. Florida
    8. South Dakota
    9. North Carolina
    10.New Mexico

Florida has a number of retirees move into Florida, but like Brian, they realize they made a mistake and leave...

9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Florida has a number of retirees move into Florida, but like Brian, they realize they made a mistake and leave...

The first time I went to Florida was 1977. Went 3 times following. Didn't like it at any point. Moved down because I'm an empath and someone I knew wanted to do so. I really tried, but it just didn't have what I liked or desired. Idaho is beautiful. I spent 4 weeks in DC on business. That is one place I wouldn't go!

10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Has to be political/job reasons that people move there...

I was transferred from Germany to work at the Pentagon and was very happy to leave the area after I processed out of the military.

But I'd live there before I'd move to Florida.