Florida.....back at it.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Shizzle, Jan 8, 2020.

1. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

2 Different Formulas - yours is a Percentage. Idaho can win because if you only have 1.5 Mil residents and a 35 thousand move there, you get a high percentage.
    the other is sheer numbers moving into Florida. if you have a three hundred thousand+ moving in where the population is already have 22 Million

2. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

The percentage is comparing the numbers moving IN vs the number moving OUT. Florida does a good job of getting people to move to Florida, but their retention is worse than the 6 states in front of them.

I like to repeat from my earlier post:

So Florida's 58.1% is higher than normal.

3. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I am a bit surprised to see many moving out of Florida. For most, expectations are high moving to the Sunshine State. Going for a few months isn't indicative of actuality. Just to give an example: The street I was on - home on the corner, specially built, folks lasted about a year. People next door lasted a couple years and moved to Texas. Next door to me. They're a little weird. They move in, then move out, return and then leave again. Next door; opposite side - come down for 4 months in the winter. That's it. Next door to that home - The owner is from West Virginia. Stays for about 4-5 months in the winter and then returns to WV in the summer. And believe it or not, one neighbor says Florida isn't hot enough! She wants to leave Florida and go much further south.

Off to Home Depot - I need a shovel. And loving it!

4. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

5. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

See, Florida ain't all bad... LOL!!! Love It!!!

6. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It's a 2019 Hemi R/T 8 speed auto, 75 miles. I wanted a decent used one, BUT...
    There really aren't any used Challengers for sale unless you want a V6 or a former Rental Car.....what they call all them are "Leased" cars. Yeah, leased to a rental car company and has been beat on and god knows what done to it for a whole year.
    So, I paid more than I ever wanted to, but have piece of mind.
    It's strange though, I had the Camaro out this weekend and without a doubt the Camaro gets WAY more attention.

danbrennan and Zstar like this.
  7. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

A lot of it is work, but at the same time, many parts (this is important;) ) aren't a bad place to live. In DC proper, west side- particularly Georgetown, Adams Morgan, etc... (draw a line up 16th St, stay west)- is pretty dang nice- walkable, safe, neighborhood parks, lively nightlife, etc. If you're into the city thing, not bad at all. And the HIGH prices reflect that. On the other hand, parts of NE and Anacostia...
    We hardly ever go down there, I hate the stress of dealing with parking (taking a family of 5 on the Metro gets $$), but once we're settled, it's always a good time.
    Northern VA not bad either, other than the traffic. I like what the area has to offer in general, including the weather- it always seems to change right when it's about to piss you off- hot or cold.

8. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Wife and I are running around the sunshine state and can't help but notice in the local papers the huge numbers of obituaries. People move to Florida, live a couple golden years, kick the bucket, corpse goes back home? Hard to beat the weather down here in winter for sure.

9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

They community I lived in in New Smyrna Beach is Venetian Bay; and our sub community is Promenade Park. Men were passing all the time. I told my ex wife they should rename the place to Promenade Park for women.

Smokey15 and tom3 like this.
  10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Moving companies aren't used to ship bodies back "home", so the corpse going back "home" does not affect the numbers.