Flush Mount Trimless Glass

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by dave@ztech, Jun 27, 2017.

1. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I agree , they are really proud of the glass that they have made, price is steep, which is why I am asking, and if I had the skills of Bodymanbill, I would try to do my own, however to use a body man to make that modification, would make that Fesler glass look cheap.

And regarding the chrome loss, if these cars were heavy in chrome, like some cars out of the 40-50-60's then I would understand, however, other then the door handles, bumpers and the window trim, not so much chrome on these and even less as they got older 77-81, and the repop chrome looks like crap and expensive for what it is,

2. KJZ28

KJZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You better apologize for your opinion! Lol, I understand your point of view. I like it both ways myself, it depends on the over all direction of the build.

Zstar likes this.
  3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

No apology here. That isn't a modern or high tech look at all. It is 1930s and 1940s. By the 1950s, the manufacturers started putting attractive trim on the vehicles to improve the look. If you want the 1940s look, then go with mods like this, but it isn't a modern look. It is the old look redone.
    If someone asks for opinions, expect some that don't agree with yours.

4. dave@ztech

Not looking for any apology, and the reason it was posted was to get comments, and I thank you for yours , I am still on the fence, however, I love the look, and was hoping that there are people that have used this company and this glass, to let me know what was the experience like
    Thanks

5. wildkarde

wildkarde New Member

YOu might try asking on protouring and lateral g, O know fesler asks over there all the time about what cars to make their flush mount kits for next. They do them for a bunch of cars now.

I am definitely wanting to use them for my 73 build, mostly worried about long term issues, i.e. what happens 10 years from now when I get a rock chip and need to replace the windshield, are they still gonna be available? But I still have a good while before i really need to start thinking about that, lol.

6. la-rue

la-rue Veteran Member

The price seems a bit high, but really it's nothing outlandish relative to most mods. You're looking at $700+ for normal glass/trim. So $7-800 extra for a fairly unique mod that really cleans up the look of the car.

Unfortunately they only make the early model rear glass, so us 75+ can only do the front glass. Which I may consider down the road.. too many more important things to concern myself with for now.

7. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

I know I am late on this post, but like BodymanBill I fitted my rear (before I knew he did) and now I am working on the front which is a pita but I will get it, as far as the look it's your car and what you want, go for it only person you need to impress is the one paying to build it

Zstar, dave@ztech and bodymanbill like this.
  8. BradySmmrs

BradySmmrs New Member

I love the flush glass. For a car that is going for original look I think original is good. Im planning on the flush mount for mine, but she will be anything but factory.

9. dave@ztech

10. dave@ztech