? for those who have installed the NPD dash pad

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by 7dcamaro, Oct 23, 2019.

1. 7dcamaro

7dcamaro Veteran Member

Just got my NPD dash pad today for my 70...it looks great. I've read all the threads on this forum about this pad and know about all of the known installation issues. But I haven't seen anyone comment about the pre-drilled mounting holes that are in the pad and whether they work with the original fastener types and sizes or not. I say that because the holes look too big to be able to use the original fasteners which is want I want to do....I bought all new OEM fasteners for the entire dash from AMK. For those that have installed the pad, do the original OEM fasteners work? My main concern are the holes that are used to attach the gauge cluster housing to the dash pad and the holes used to attach the lower plastic dash panels to the bottom of the dash pad. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  2. twestrup

twestrup Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Look at this video, pretty good:

3. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

My fasteners worked fine and my cluster (Dakota Digital) fit without issue.. The area to pay attention to is where it meets the metal portion on top. I didn't spend enough time there to get a great fit.

4. 7dcamaro

7dcamaro Veteran Member

I've seen that video but it doesnt answer my question. It appears they're using the stock hardware in the video.....but with respect to the holes used to mount the heater control panel under the steering column on the pad that I have, I can take the stock screws and stick em in those holes and pull em right back out by hand....so I can't see where the stock size OEM screw is gonna work.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  5. rotinrob

rotinrob Member

I used a mix of original and AMK fasteners in my dash with no problems except it seems like on the ash tray side there wasn't a boss for one of the fasteners. I will need to look but I am certain that was the case. Early build car at 01C so maybe that area changed.