Ford Powertrain power curve comparisons

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Jan 8, 2013.

1. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Alright let me rephrase then any ford engine made in the last 15 years.:rolleyes:

2. docnascar

docnascar Veteran Member

Its funny, I saw on ecoboost on a AAA rollback this morning. Don't know why it was on the rollback but....

3. 1BAD78

1BAD78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Ya and I see GM, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, ETC on those things too. If I see a vehicle on the back of a AAA truck I dont say to myself hey I'm not going to buy one of those, it must be a piece fo crap. The only cars I know are junk because its just a proven fact is Mitsubishi, and Chrysler.:crazy:

4. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

Dont run those ecoboost engines out of gas and dont crank them trying to start them with no gas. Had one towed in and they burned up the high pressure fuel pump doing thaty, last I heard the dealer refused to honor the warranty and it cost the owner $3k lol

5. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

^ What kind of dummy tries to start anything with no gas?

Sometimes, ya get what ya deserve.

6. Bucketlist2012

Bucketlist2012 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am still waiting to see the long term reliability on the ecoboost.

I went to the dark side and have a 5.3L GMC

As far as Ford's...I had a 1987 Ranger GT and beat the living heck out of it.. No mercy....290K Miles later , I still had the original engine and tranny...Only a few water pumps, since the water pump design was questionable...

Had a 1999 F150 5.4 . They replaced the heads under warranty after blowing out spark plugs, but I got rid of it with 217,000 miles still running great...

Time will tell on my 5.3 GMC.. And the ecoboost will show in time if it is strong or a problem child...

7. 91chevywt

91chevywt Veteran Member

8. Tall

Tall Member

Im not a Ford fan, but with that said... Unless chevy has an answer, i might be test driving fords for the next truck.

That being said, im sure it wont be long before the bowtie has something to throw back out there.

I would love to see an eco boost set-up with displacement on demand on a v8....

9. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks, that was pretty cool.
    I'm sold on it. Zero doubts

I see alot of our forum members already own the new F150.
    An embarrassing moment for GM, when the 3.7L V6 can put the whoopin
    on a port injected 5.3L V8 in speed, and efficiency......but not torque obviously.
    Sad man.....just sad.
    [​IMG]
    Ford 3.7L >16.2ET 16/21 mpg http://www.autorooster.com/0-60-times/ford/f-150/ < not the EcoBoost
    GM 5.3L > 16.7ET 15/21 mpg http://www.autorooster.com/0-60-times/chevrolet/silverado/

Our last Christmas I got into an argument over the GM vs Ford with my wife's cousin who works in MI
    for Ford testing the F150's. He's obviously hardcore Ford as an engineer. I already called him and told
    him and he laughed.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  10. Bucketlist2012

Bucketlist2012 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ace, I love Ford trucks, but you saying a 3.7 is whooping a 5.3. It is a twin turbo 3.7..

So it isn't sad at all.....Put the non turbo 3.7 up against the 5.3 and see how it will do...

The Grand National showed up many muscle cars, but take the twin turbo's off and it would get spanked...

Again, I love Ford trucks and owned them since 1987, but went GMC this time...Mainly because I love the look of the truck..

I see GMC matching Ford soon, but what will they use ? Turbo or S/C ?